Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Chase- is chest clip replaceable?

I have someone with a 3 yo 33 pound child in a chase. The chest clip is broken, but the seat is not expired. If she gets a "new" seat it will be a booster. (Dorel voyager I think is what the other cpst sold this lady for her 5 yo.) Can the chest clip be removed and replaced on the chase?
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Chase- is chest clip replaceable?

Not 100% sure but could you get the chest clip off and just use the seat without it if you can't replace it?

Senior Community Member momtoo3's Avatar

Re: Chase- is chest clip replaceable?

I'm not sure but I think it is removable. I have one that is expired (just expired in Dec) from my nephew that I just put up in the attic yesterday to wait for the BRU trade in event. I can get it down on Monday and check if you would like.
    Would using the buckle off of an expired seat be a bad thing? If not I could send it to you. It was used a few years ago for ds2 for about 6 months and then sat in my closet until last summer when I gave the seat to my BIL for my nephew until he was booster ready.

Stephanie, mom to Austin 17 yrs, 135 lbs, 67 in, seat belt
    Tyler 12 yrs, 95 llbs, 60 in, seat belt

Dominick 8.5 yrs, 52 lbs, 50 in, in a Performance Booster, Amp and HiRise
    And Emily, 8-9-14, 2.5 yrs 30 lbs, 35 in, ERF in a CA65, Grow & Go and MA70