Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

best convertible for an infant

Our 2.5 year old is RFing in an Evenflo Triumph Advance and is not interested in a new seat. Our second daughter is due in September. Hubby wants to go straight to a convertible (DD1 hated her infant seat so we switched her to the EFTA before a year and sold the infant seat). Which ones fit infants well? DD1 was under 8 lbs. at birth so if we would truly be better off with an infant seat first we'll do that.
    Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; mama to Rowan, 8/6/09, FFing in a Britax Pinnacle 90 and a Graco Nautilus; Sapphira, 8/17/12, FFing in a Chicco NextFit; Iris, 6/14/15, RFing in a Chicco KeyFit 30

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: best convertible for an infant

I'd look at the Combi Coccoro, Cosco Scenera, Cosco Apt, Safety 1st onSide Air, Graco My Ride, Evenflo Triumph 65, First Years True Fit, Diono Radians, Maxi Cosi Pria, Peg Perego Primo Viaggo Convertible.

Tons of choices.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Carseat Crazy

I have to say I love my Peg Perego Convertible. The fabric and padding is awesome. I did not even need to buy another head support/body support to put in there with my daughter like with the Graco Sungrides.

Carseat Crazy

We bought a truefit and ended up switching to a myride. It fit her better. I think she just has super narrow shoulders because I have seen Pics of the TF with newborns and they fit better than she did. Both my kids can fit in both seats still and they both think the myride is more comfortable.
    DD 01/06, 44 lbs., 48", turbobooster ss or harnessed in nautilus, RFed to 32 months, and occasionally after
    DD 07/10, 22 lbs., 32", RF myride or truefit

Loving all the glorious space in our 8 pass 2004 Sienna

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by ed_tricia
    We bought a truefit and ended up switching to a myride. It fit her better. I think she just has super narrow shoulders because I have seen Pics of the TF with newborns and they fit better than she did. Both my kids can fit in both seats still and they both think the myride is more comfortable.
    We had a pretty bad fit with newborn DD in the TrueFit also. Straps were way too wide. Great fit in the Britax Boulevard with the infant insert though!

We have our Britax Roundabout 55 with infant insert ready for our coming baby. It looks like it will be perfect. Hopefully I can report back in a few weeks, sooner than later.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus