Question RA 50 (classic) harnesses? Also what has more room RF?

PunkyMonkey

I got one of those Kathryn seats on Target sale and man is it hideous to me. I hate brown and already planned to change the cover (have a cow moo on the way!) but I didn't even think about the brown harness. I went on Britax's online store to see if I could get a replacement harness in grey or black and they only have the same brown one for that model. Are any of the other newer model harnesses interchangeable? Maybe I should call them but figured since they're probably closed I'd ask you guys first!

Also we have a newer Blvd 70 and just got this RA 50 and I'm wondering (haven't played with it yet and DD is in bed) what will really keep her RF longer?! Obviously Blvd has a 40lb rf limit but most kids outgrown that in height first right? Does the RA offer more in height? It looks like it might have more leg room but I can't really tell just yet. She's 17+ months, 27 pounds and 33 inches tall now and growing like a weed -- 2T shorts 3T shirts... She's going to be a big kid! I'm hoping to keep her RF at VERY least until 2, DH keeps poking at the FF questions and I'm trying really hard to deter because we are the only people we personally know that have a kid over 1 still RF regardless of weight :-/.

Thank you for any input!

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse autocorrects!

ADS

tracee877

You'll actually be pleased to know that the brown harness will match cowmoo perfectly. It has subtle brown marks in it that make it look like real cowhide.:)

jjordan

I can't imagine you will have any trouble keeping her RF to at least age 2 in either of those seats. It's kind of a toss-up as to which will last longer for RF. Both are outgrown by height somewhere around 40-ish inches (depending, of course, on torso vs legs proportions). But I'd use 40" on a growth chart to get a ballpark estimate for when she'll outgrow the RF height.

PunkyMonkey

Thank you both! I didn't know there was brown in the cover, it's my first ever cowmoo cover an that's good to know! I am a black and silver kind of person I just don't like brown stuff but we shall see what it looks like lol!!!

Thank you for the reply! I guess we have 7 inches of growth and that seems like it will be no problem until 2 for sure! I am kind of secretly hoping she slows down her growth because I want her to be comfortable! I have a long torso and short legs, DH has short torso and long legs and she just got the long part of both of us!

Thanks!!!

PunkyMonkey

It looked taller! I was thinking that but figured maybe it was the lack of headwings throwing me off! Thanks :) baby is up now, time to play!

arly1983

You'll actually be pleased to know that the brown harness will match cowmoo perfectly. It has subtle brown marks in it that make it look like real cowhide.:)

:yeahthatlove:

I have used cowmoo with tan straps many times and it doesn't bother me and I am bothered by the unmatchy usually but they go nicely.

PunkyMonkey

I saw it with tan but these are brown!!!! But yeah I'll check it out when I get the cover! Otherwise I'll be calling Britax :D haha I'm picky about matching. My car is all black interior too so I really despise brown! :X

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC