I don't have a rear facer anymore *sob* (and something is off....)

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
My youngest Ben took his last ride rear facing today :( He is 3yrs 8months and has been 33-34lbs. I got a Prosport from babycatalog and he has been bugging me since it got here yesterday to ride in it, so I broke down and patted myself on the back for rear facing this long, it was going to happen soon anyway.

So far I really like the prosport but.... when I installed it I had to move the harness up, in the house the 2nd slot was just above his shoulders, installed just below. I am not loving how his head sits right by the belt guides.... the picture just looks "off". Maybe I'm just not ready for him to be ffing :crying:
RA501.jpg

recaro2.jpg

Recaro1.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

PunkyMonkey

Aww good job though Mama!! He looks so cute and happy and so small in there with those huge head wings!!! I know this day will come for me too (not for a while but one day!)

I just told my DH we have to have just one more kid because I need more carseats in my life and he laughed at me. Lol!! I mean of course for more reasons than the seats but I can't live without the seats in my life!!!

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse autocorrects!

jess71903

Ambassador
Great job getting him that far!!

As for the ProSport, it always looks funny on combo seats when you first move the straps up, IMO. When I have to do that with DS in the PS, I use the butt pad for a while so it's not as bad. Then take it out when he gets close to outgrowing the slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC