Miff of the day - Kijiji

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
http://help.kijiji.net/ca/knowledgebase.php?article=170

While I understand that choosing January 1, 2012 makes it easy to guarantee compliance, now I can't sell my compliant SR35! One of the reasons I waited for the new one, was so I could resell it! URG!! With maternity leave cutting my salary so drastically, I kind of needed the money to fund her convertible.

Like I said, I get the reason for the policy. Just miffed I'm caught in that grey area!

ADS

smackeen

I have seen some still listed on our local kijiji that are not even close to compliant.

What if you put 2012 compliant and not add in the DOM?

Keeanh

Just post it & say "2012 Compliant". There are piles of non-compliant and even expired seats on our Kijiji so I don't think they're actively policing ads. You would have to be reported, which you won't be if you say it's "2012" and leave off the DOM. Do you have local FB swap pages? Those are good places to sell too. Or CL.

dragonfly8

As much as I completely understand the frustration........there are many people that continue to try to sell non complaint seats on kijiji (and the other used sites) all the time. Or they lie about the DOM on the site, in order to keep their ad up. But the techs that are also ad reviewers are usually able to tell what's complaint and not.
I think Kijiji is doing what they can to protect themselves when it comes to what's sold on their site.

What about looking for people looking for a particular seat on kijiji and responding to their ad? ;)

dragonfly8

Just post it & say "2012 Compliant". There are piles of non-compliant and even expired seats on our Kijiji so I don't think they're actively policing ads. You would have to be reported, which you won't be if you say it's "2012" and leave off the DOM. Do you have local FB swap pages? Those are good places to sell too. Or CL.

Ads are being watched and removed as they're found. The problem is there are thousands and only a handful of people watching.
DOM's are required to be in the ads so any without a DOM will be removed. Simply stating 2012 complaint is simply not enough.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Ads are being watched and removed as they're found. The problem is there are thousands and only a handful of people watching.
DOM's are required to be in the ads so any without a DOM will be removed. Simply stating 2012 complaint is simply not enough.

:yeahthat:

And selling here won't work as shipping cost will kill the deal. Nobody uses Craigslist in my city.

Just ticks me off that there's tons of old, crashed, expired crap that won't get caught and me being the honest person I am won't even post my seat and mine will be less than a year old and in mint condition and properly taken care of. I've sold 7 or 8 seats in Kijiji and passed on info to each person that they did not know prior to meeting me. Information to keep their child safer. So now that's gone too. :(

dragonfly8

:yeahthat:

And selling here won't work as shipping cost will kill the deal. Nobody uses Craigslist in my city.

Just ticks me off that there's tons of old, crashed, expired crap that won't get caught and me being the honest person I am won't even post my seat and mine will be less than a year old and in mint condition and properly taken care of. I've sold 7 or 8 seats in Kijiji and passed on info to each person that they did not know prior to meeting me. Information to keep their child safer. So now that's gone too. :(

I completely understand. I was trying to word it nicely so it didn't appear disrespectful. I did not mean any disrespect at all.
It really does suck for those of us that are honest. But like usual, all it takes is a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone:thumbsdown:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
dragonfly8 said:
I completely understand. I was trying to word it nicely so it didn't appear disrespectful. I did not mean any disrespect at all.
It really does suck for those of us that are honest. But like usual, all it takes is a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone:thumbsdown:

Ya and that's what I was grumbling about; not the policy itself. I just always get screwed; never the person who "gets the deal" or the "good tickets" or owns a seat with DOM after Jan. 1, 2012! LOL Just another thing for me to add to my "feeling sorry for myself" list today. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

bbartlettnfld

Do you have a local children's Classifieds FB group? We can sell Pre 2012 seats on ours as long as they are Complaint which means an email from Manufacturer stating that yes they are compliant if pre 2012 DOM. Where are you located?

BethAnn

jacqui276

Your post made me take a peak at my seat and now I share your frustration! My Via is 2012 compliant but has a DOM of 2011. My son will probably only get a couple more months out of it and I was planning on throwing it up on kijiji. I might try anyways as I see tons of expired and non-compliant seats on my local kijiji. This one is good until Nov. 2018 so it would be a shame if I couldn't easily rehome it after only a few months of use.

We have a usedcalgary site here but it doesn't get near the number of responses as kijiji.

amyd

I'd probably post it anyway and hope it stayed up long enough to get sold. Not sure how your local Kijiji is but there certainly isn't anyone policing car seats on ours.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Heather said:
How do you know if your 2011 seat is 2012 compliant? Is there a sticker on the side?

You have to call the manufacturer and ask. I know mine is because it was the seats Graco made specifically for the 2012 changes. Includes rebound control for the new standard for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

rachandsoph

Oh how I wish I knew for sure if I would be expecting in the next couple months. If I get pregnant, it will be the last, so I'm struggling with paying full price for a seat for a few months use....I need to remember to check the fsot board here for AB moms selling their seats, LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC