Tell me this is the smarter plan

libranbutterfly

My plan right now is to use the Marathon (ex 11/13) and radian (ex 6/15) that I already have once Rayne outgrows her bucket. Use them until expiration or outgrown then re-evaluate our needs. This seems best because seats are advancing a lot right now, so I will most likely get something better than I can right now. But then I also worry that DH may be hesitant to buy a seat to keep her rf past three, for instance, since the older girls turned at two. I really only need one seat for her now, when my parents have the kids we switch cars, and she doesnt go with mil yet. Dhs blazer wouldnt hold all three well, so we take my van, or if i am leaving the kids with him i take his blazer. I keep trying to talk myself into a new seat but think I should at least wait until the Marathon expires, right? We are planning to start trying for #4 (And last, according to dh) in a couple years after i graduate.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It sounds like a fine plan, but man, you came on a board full of car seat enablers to ask if you should avoid buying more car seats? Good luck with that. ;) :p

vonfirmath

I use my seats to their limit as well as I can. But I can see replacing the expires 2013 seat before then if you aren't sure you'll have the money to do it when the time comes.

One reason I decided to sell my Marathon and get DD a new seat was because it was going to expire in late May/early June 2014 and she won't be 3 until August. I toyed with just using it a couple of months after. But this way we'll have a seat that is clearly unexpired. I KNOW neither I or my husband would buy a new seat in May 2014 to keep her rear-facing UNLESS she stays tiny like she is now (but she isn't THAT tiny--50% if I remember right. Just compared to how my son was at this age.)

libranbutterfly

ketchupqueen said:
It sounds like a fine plan, but man, you came on a board full of car seat enablers to ask if you should avoid buying more car seats? Good luck with that. ;) :p

I know :p But I have been trying to enable myself, so figured it was worth a shot to try here. I doubt the radian will be used for its full lifespan, unless I install it for my childcare boys. I am also hoping to get a newer van in the next couple years, and then I'll want latchable boosters and all that. (DH knows this, I think he's purposely trying to hold off on the newer van until Kamille is at least in a backless)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC