Evenflo Maestro as a booster

coleslawcat

Does the Evenflo Maestro make a decent booster? I bought one for my son last year when we were visitng my in-laws. He had just turned 3 and I thought we would only use it one week a year and he was well within the limits. I figured next we flew up to visit I'd just bring the right seat we needed and switch the kids around the fit correctly, I didn't necessarily assume he'd still be the one using it.

Rather unexpectedly, we ended up moving near my in-laws and now my son rides in it about once a week with MIL. He's fine in it now, I think it's a decent seat, but he's big. He's 46.5 pounds at 3 yrs 9months. My 5 year old is the same size and rides in a Graco Turbobooster with MIL. I know I've still got a little time before he outgrows the harness, but it seems to be looming closer than I realized. I believe he will still fit the booster heightwise when he hits 50 pounds, so he should fit. I also anticipate he'll at least be 4. Would you use it in booster mode? He rides harnessed in my van, so I'm leary to have his booster introduction happen in MIL's car, but maybe it's a good way to do it since it won't be for very long at a time.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC