For any prospective techs in NH

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
I just recieved an email from Safe Kids NH and this was in it:

"A 4 day CPS Training is being planned for the fall - currently the week of October 29. Contact Jo-Ellen Courtney if you are interested. A brochure will be mailed out early in September."

Just in case there are any NH lurkers who might be interested.

ADS

LimePink

Senior Community Member
That's great, thanks for the info! I have a friend in NH who would be very interested. Is there a phone number or email I could give her?

MomtoLE

What a godsend this post is! I was thinking that I'd like to get certified and I went to the Safe Kids website and there were no classes listed for NH.

I'm in the Southern NH area (seacoast) and would LOVE more information.

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
OK, the phone number for the SK Coordinator (Jo-Ellen Courtney) is 1-877-783-0432. But please dont' all of you tell her that I told you to call :D Just say you were wondering if there are any courses coming up. ;)

The last course was in April and it was held in Loudon. I think she said they try to do 2 per year and move them around the state, so I have no idea where the next one will be.

FWIW, the April course that I took was never listed on the SK website either. No idea why.

I think the course is controlled. When I applied there were more applicants than seats in the class. I was the only one not doing it as a job requirement and Jo-Ellen called me before accepting me to find out why I wanted to do it. She wants to make sure that everyone is going to actually use their certification and also wants to make sure she has techs spread out around the state and in the communities that need them. At least that's what I got from the conversation.

Good luck all of you!

thepote

Thanks Kathy! (and thanks for also emailing the info to me).
BTW - I saw the April training listed on the SK website about one or two weeks before it was held; that's how I knew there was one held at the speedway.

I saw a class in Mass. (Holyoke maybe) that will be held soon - it's open to the public and they hold it at night 2x/week for a month. I wish it were closer. As it is now, if I were to do a class with the typical M-F all day hours DH would have to take a vacation to be with the kids.

we'll see! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC