How does the Oober do in 3-across?

cryswilkins

I am looking at options for DD in DHs car. It's a Nissan Versa, I need to get a RFing seat appropriate for an infant, a high back booster and either a RFing or FFing seat for DS.

Obviously it will be a pain to buckle, but we very rarely use that vehicle so I am ok with that. Right now she has a PWSGL and it's almost over the belt stalk.

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse my typos.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, it's a heavy seat. I don't know that I'd really want to use it long-term without LATCH. And that would be a space-eater.

It's not overly wide, but not overly skinny, either... It's kind of boxy at the bottom. Probably it would depend on how it sat in that particular spot. I'm guessing if space is really tight it wouldn't be the greatest.

(BTW- no "e." ;) )

VoodooChile

I'm not familiar with the Versa. It might work in a roomy backseat. Right now I have a Radian and an Oobr in the 2nd row of my Pilot and I can sit between them, even with the cupholders on both seats.

VoodooChile

Here's a pic of my backseat so you can see the space between the Radian and the Oobr:
Backseat.jpg

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
It actually puzzles pretty well because of the high armrests. Just put it next to something low profile and you should be good.

VoodooChile

Totally. So far, I've never had a seat not go in easily, actually! I had a MA65 that felt like it had been designed just for that spot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC