Radian RXT or Britax Boulevard in 2001 civic & 2004 crv

U

Unregistered

My 10 month old needs a new seat (actually 2....1 for each vehicle). Will the radian rxt fit in a 2001 civic or a 2004 crv? I have heard that the angle adjuster will help, but I am afraid of all the posts on how difficult it is to install in general (britax are easy install?). I like that it RF's longer than the britax & the ease of getting baby in & out with no side wings. It also looks to be not so hot in the summer, but maybe a little less cushy & uncomfortable than the boulevard?

Does anyone have any experience with these vehicles & seats?

Does the radian with angle adjuster give as much space as the boulevard would? Also I'm assuming the angle adjuster would take away from the childs leg room, does it still have more than a britax would?

ADS

aept

I have 3 radians and one (older) boulevard. I don't have your cars so I'm not much help there, but I can say that the radians will still have ample leg room even with the angle adjuster. It doesn't seem to significantly take away legroom in my experience. Plus, with the low sides of the radian near the leg area, it's easy and comfy for longer-legged kiddos to just place their legs right off the sides.
I find the newer Radian RXT that I have to be more cushy than our Boulvard, actually, as far as padding is concerned. The fabric of the radians differ depending on the color. I have (I mean, my son has...) the cobalt (LOVE IT), which is a smooth, slick fabric - almost like a nylon windbreaker material. Our grey radians are more of a "microsuede" - so ask about fabric type for your preferred color if that is important to you.
Our older Radian 65s are slightly less padded but I've never had any complaints from my boys - and believe me, they will let me know if there's something they don't like!
Good luck. I'd go with Radians, or at the very least, one of each.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
The Radian is incompatible RF in the center of your 2004 CRV, with the super narrow buckle positioning combined with the long buckle stalks and forward of the bight buckle, I tried for a good long time and was unable to get a successful install. This was before the angle adjuster and I haven't tried one since so there's a chance it might worth with an angle adjuster, but definitely not without.

It does install fine outboard with either LATCH or seat belt, but the shape of the seats makes it pretty reclined, you definitely want an angle adjuster.

Here's a couple pictures -
0201120935-00.jpg

0201120935-01.jpg

(that's how far forward I moved the passenger seat)

0201120931-00.jpg

And the awful center belt.

As for your Civic, it'll be no problem. Again I'd get an angle adjuster but it's a pretty easy install in the center with the seat belt (you cannot use LATCH in the center of either of your vehicles) or outboard with LATCH.

I would probably skip the Boulevard - they're just so cramped for leg and head room, and if you were going to buy a Radian for one car I'd probably go with a less expensive secondary seat like the Graco MyRide, Evenflo Momentum, or First Years True Fit.

By the way, the MyRide fits in the center of your CRV like it was made to go there - it's the only other seat I've installed in that vehicle and it was a perfect fit even with the awful buckle situation.

U

Unregistered

Thanks so much for the info & pics :) My apologies for the late response. Computer died & I just got it back. I will get an angle adjuster & try it out. Are there any tricks for either vehicle? This is my first car seat install...Do the belt stalks need twisted (no idea what this actually does, I just read it in another car seat post..lol), or do I need to start out from the seat bite if I have the adjuster? Would it be easier if one person puts their weight in the seat while another person installs?

I just got the seat yesterday & took it out of the box, it looks intimidating :) Hence all of the questions. The only color they had was shadow, I was kind of hoping for cobalt.

Is the adjuster ok to use if its another month or so before baby actually turns one? He's got great muscle & head control.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC