Holy Head Support Batman!

Connor's Mom

I was looking for something totally unrelated to head supports and came across this company that makes infant "safety products"

Here is their by line:
"Welcome to Leachco, the designer and manufacturer of unique and innovative products for Baby and Mom. Our products are created to provide parents with the convenience they need and infants with the safety they require. All of our products are proudly MADE IN THE U.S.A. and featured in major retailers, catalogs, internet stores, and juvenile specialty stores nationwide."

But click here to see their "travel safety" products. Also notice the demo car seats, lol. :whistle:

And what led me to this wonderful company was this item: Paci Pillow Travel Pillow. And not only is the pillow scary but the tiny baby is in an old T-shield seat. :mad:

ADS

Holly

I bought some of the prop o's about 6 months ago.
http://leachco.stores.yahoo.net/13519.html
I put them on the straps, and tested my baby in her seat and then immediately took them out. It practically smashed her head, I would hate to have my head cradled like that! And they also got in the way of the chest clip because they were so long.
I didn't realize at the time that they are dangerous, so I gave them to someone. I hope she didn't use them!

What about this though?
http://leachco.stores.yahoo.net/13554.html

Looks like it does not go behind their back at all so it wouldn't interfere with the straps? Would that be safe? I looks comfy for a newborn!

Connor's Mom

What about this though?
http://leachco.stores.yahoo.net/13554.html

Looks like it does not go behind their back at all so it wouldn't interfere with the straps? Would that be safe? I looks comfy for a newborn!

Nope. All infant pillows and head supports that do not come with the seat fall into the after market product no-no catagory.

Taken from the FAQ on this site: "In general, you should not use any products not recommended by the manufacturer of your carseat or vehicle. Despite the claims of some companies, these products are NOT regulated by any federal standard, and have not been tested or certified by carseat manufacturers. This is not to say these products do or do not work, but your choice to use them might compromise the safety of your carseat."

If you feel the need to support their head use rolled up receiving blankets on either side if the head. Works just fine. :)
Those prop o's just look scary! :eek:

Um, the baby in the plastic bag is a tad unnerving :eek:

But, "the face is always open to fresh air flow". :doh:

:thumbsdown: Who needs to pay $$ for this stuff? I've got a bedspread bag I can use over my bucket seat (I'll just cut a face-hole out of it... :whistle: ), and pillows galore I can throw in there to intentionally interfere with seatbelt fit!! :cool:

shauburg

What about the Grip 'N Go Non-Slip Car Seat Mat.

The "unique raised front edge acts like a "speed bump" to help keep your car seat from sliding forward " Apparently a proper install with LATCH or a seat belt is not enough to keep your seat from sliding forward :rolleyes:.

It "prevents your car seat from slipping and sliding which can occur with sudden stops and turns". Yeah, the slipping and sliding that can occur during sudden stops and turns if you use this product.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Um, the baby in the plastic bag is a tad unnerving :eek:

LOL!

Yuu got that right!

leachco_1948_6817125

cryswilkins

I got all sweaty just looking at that poor kid in the plastic. On what planet would you think to yourself "hmmmm how can I make my kid sweaty and feel like they are going to suffocate in the car."

You know recycled grocery bags would be cheaper AND better for the environment.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC