I got a Turbo Booster with Surround, pics!

JOII

I got a Turbo Booster with Surround, pics! Added 7yo pics!

ETA: New pics of my 7y/o are in POST #10 cause they wouldn't fit in this one :)

Dont think I have seen any pics posted yet!

First off, I am disappointed in the color, on my computer screen the target.com promo photo looks like a darkish purple, and it says "purple/black" as the color, but this is MUCH more pink, Id say fuchsia-ish. This was actually gonna be for my SON who adores purple and begged for it when he saw the stock photo, but I dont think he is gonna like it. :(

I have the seat compared to a vivo, cause its what I had on hand (its also in the house for a wash, so ignore that the cover is so dirty :eek: ).

For whatever reason I was very excited to get this seat, I have been itching to replace the Vivo, even though I like it, but this seat didnt do as much for me as I thought it would. Its a perfectly fine seat, and I like the improvements alot, but its still a turbo, I didnt much like the original one, and I just am not in love with this one either. Its a nice seat and Id use it, just didnt love it like I thought I would.

I think its overall the same as a turbo, still has screws, but they are preinstalled, still falls apart and drives me crazy :p, has the swirly shoulder belt guides. Lowest shoulder guide was 16"ish, top was 20"ish. Fit my 4y/o, 38lbs, 39" girl great (short and stocky build), my 7 y/o 41lbs, 49", long and lean guy wont be home till later for a photo.

Lowest:
IMG_2551.jpg

Highest:
IMG_2553.jpg

Side:
IMG_2552.jpg

Width:
IMG_2557.jpg

Depth:
IMG_2554.jpg

Torso Wings Naked:
IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

Head wings partially naked:
IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

4.5 y/o, 38lbs, 39" who had no desire to model today (she does not regularly ride in a booster but she has on one or two rare, short trips, which I have no issue with, but will not do regularly till she is older. She is only 1" taller than the height limit in the manual, she is short for her age) :
IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

Any questions please ask and Ill try to answer, my son will hopefully be willing to take a pic when he gets home from school so I will add those at that time.

Last edited:
ADS

Irishmama

I am anxious to see how the head slump is with the new Turbo. I liked our original Turbos except they would slump right out of their shoulder belts, which is why we ended up with different boosters.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I could have written your post, about having the Vivo and wanting to like the Turbo and being disappointed :eek:

I like the color :D But it's annoying when the stock photo is so grossly misrepresented. I would LOOOOVE to see pics with your son once he's home.

It looks like the side wings flare out more on the TB than on the Vivo? The Vivo is more straight out and huggier. Or is that an optical illusion? Could you possibly measure from one side wing to the other? My DD is hopelessly 'slight'.

Do I want this, or a Rodi for my next booster purchase? hmmmm.

JOII

I could have written your post, about having the Vivo and wanting to like the Turbo and being disappointed :eek:

I like the color :D But it's annoying when the stock photo is so grossly misrepresented. I would LOOOOVE to see pics with your son once he's home.

It looks like the side wings flare out more on the TB than on the Vivo? The Vivo is more straight out and huggier. Or is that an optical illusion? Could you possibly measure from one side wing to the other? My DD is hopelessly 'slight'.

Do I want this, or a Rodi for my next booster purchase? hmmmm.

The torso wings on the Turbo SS are 12" farthest back, then they flair out to about 15". The Vivo is about 12" through the whole wing, it doesnt flare. I really do like the Vivo for him, he is extraordinarily thin. But the leg depth is pretty measly, and though he hasnt complained yet, I was looking for something a little longer. Not sure if this is "the one" though.

JOII

I just noticed the regular Turbo Highback is no longer on target.com at all and all the no backs are "out of stock". Wonder if that means anything? I didnt think the TurboSS would replace the Turbo altogether, but that is odd.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I really like the rodi for "hugginess". My skinny 7 year old fits great! It helps me not miss the bodyguard much:)

You are KILLING me Christine! First with the stupid coastal blue Radian cover, and now selling me on a booster that I had forgotten even existed! I tell you what!

JOII

Well, he liked it (he is reading over my shoulder and told me to write, HE LIKED IT A LOT :D ). He said its his favorite color (first I have heard of that) and that its really squishy and comfy. He also said our grey seat belt goes really well with it and makes it look more fancy. (he is quite the character :love:).

7y/o 41lbs, 49" regularly rides in a Vivo, very VERY skinny and very leggy. Though it doesnt "hug" him tightly I do like the fit and feel that he is still close to the sides and not swimming in it.

(I caught my daughter mid cough here ha!)
7297426174_0518510f1c_c.jpg

7297429250_506cc91083_c.jpg

CuddlyMonsters

ACK! I went to Target and tried my DD who is about to turn 6 this summer in one and I love the way it fits her. They wanted to try and sell me the FLOOR MODEL (crazy people), they just took the stinker out of the box (it was the green/gray) one...

I really want the ORANGE one, lol! I think I am wanting the Orange, because it is different, lol! Yes, I am STRANGE!

NannyMom

Can you do back to back profile comparison with the Vivo. I :love: me some Vivo headwings and I'm wondering how this compares.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Does it come with the screws already installed?

ETA: Nevermind, I went back and re-read and found that it does. It's about time they started doing that.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Any growing room for your big guy there? He's the same height as my 6 yo and I'm trying to justify a CruiserFix, but this is so much cheaper if purple is my main goal, lol.

JOII

Re: I got a Turbo Booster with Surround, pics! Added 7yo pics!

Can you do back to back profile comparison with the Vivo. I :love: me some Vivo headwings and I'm wondering how this compares.

Like this?
IMG_2577.jpg

I also tried to measure and got the TurboSS as 6.5" deep and the Vivo at about 8" deep. So the Vivo is definitely deeper, but the TurboSS is still pretty nice. I wonder, are the TurboSS ones deeper than a regular turbo? I dont know how that measures.

Any growing room for your big guy there? He's the same height as my 6 yo and I'm trying to justify a CruiserFix, but this is so much cheaper if purple is my main goal, lol.

I think there was only one more headrest click, I didnt realize that till now, but Ill double check when he gets home.

What store carries the little cutie with the giant brown eyes? I'd think I'd like to order one.
Are you talking about the grumpy girl version? She is one of a kind, I got the last one :p (though the same goes for the boy one too :D )

vonfirmath

ACK! I went to Target and tried my DD who is about to turn 6 this summer in one and I love the way it fits her. They wanted to try and sell me the FLOOR MODEL (crazy people), they just took the stinker out of the box (it was the green/gray) one...

I really want the ORANGE one, lol! I think I am wanting the Orange, because it is different, lol! Yes, I am STRANGE!

I want the orange because it is my son's favorite color :)

Kat_Momof3

your son does look so comfy in it... I think the only other seat I might try for him would be the probooster, but not sure how it would do for 3-across and not sure if it would be tippy or not.

SIGH... I still (despite Ruthie liking the probooster wings better and her never sleeping in the car anymore these days... I know other kids still do at her age or her size) wish that I could get the wings that are like the vivo/monterey/OS parkway on every booster. Yes, I'm a fan of big wings for head support.

I love the look of the booster. if it comes in backless, Ruthie may get one for the van for her 9th birthday if Jeffrey doesn't pass the 5-step in my dh's car by then, but I'm hoping a cruz will work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC