Anyone buy a Radian in the last month?

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I need proof of purchase for mine (bought 5/1/12) that I don't have. My adjuster is slipping and they want proof of purchase. Anyone have a receipt they would be willing to scan and e-mail me? Mine is an XTSL (if it says what it is).

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I already tried that. She said they were just generic receipts with not any info. Diono wants an official receipt stating I bought an XTSL. DOM is 2010 but I just got it, NEW.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Cathleen Castle bought it along with a bunch of others. I think it was called discount Treasure Hunt. She bought all of them and shipped them to a bunch of us. I did get a good deal on it because of it being 2 years old but Diono is giving me a hard time with the discrepency of purchase date vs. manufacture date.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Tell them it was bought at a discount overstock store, and that the receipt was not specific as to item purchased. Offer them the non-specific receipt and info for the store so THEY can follow up and see how recently they were selling these seats.

T4K

Ugh, situations like this make me want to call people up and share my thoughts.

crunchierthanthou

Tell them it was bought at a discount overstock store, and that the receipt was not specific as to item purchased. Offer them the non-specific receipt and info for the store so THEY can follow up and see how recently they were selling these seats.

except that buying from a discount, overstock store may void the warranty completely.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've never heard that they have "authorized retailers" like some companies. So it shouldn't. I mean, Dorel replaced my defective seat I bought at Big Lots at one point. Heck, Combi replaced my CCO Flash when I got it home and realized it had a part broken, and it was an open-box return.

crunchierthanthou

I've never heard that they have "authorized retailers" like some companies. So it shouldn't. I mean, Dorel replaced my defective seat I bought at Big Lots at one point. Heck, Combi replaced my CCO Flash when I got it home and realized it had a part broken, and it was an open-box return.

Ah, but they do. http://us.diono.com/en/customer-service/warranty

Diono products purchased from unauthorized retailers, online auction sites, or as second hand items, are not covered under warranty. While the warranty may not be applicable for products purchased from such sources, replacement parts can be purchased.

I looked it up before I replied. :eek:

I would argue in this case that it shouldn't matter. The seat is failing in a way that could be catastrophic. It's not like the cover is fading or stitching is crooked or some other cosmetic complaint. It's clearly a safety issue, and they should cover it regardless of where it was purchased.

Lori, what's your pattern? I have receipts from Wayfair, but they're from last July. They say Ventura and Flora XTSL.

christineka

She has Bentley. Would it matter what pattern, though? If she sent the seat back, I'd imagine it would be naked.

Lori- I hope you get diono to replace your seat! They should because it's a big safety issue, which you can't fix by buying new parts from them.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmm, how do they qualify an "unauthorized retailer," though? Different companies mean different things by that. Britax is notoriously strict, but Diono sells to all kinds of places, so... Who knows? I agree, it shouldn't matter in this case.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I called again yesterday and talked to the CS gal I've been working with. She said the engineers are the ones who take care of it once it's sent to them. I Told her why I don't have a receipt. She said it's up to them but they would be in touch.
Last night, I found the phone #s of the 2 stores I know Cathleen went to and e-mailed those to CS so they can call to verify that they had seats and were selling them recently if they need/want to.

I love the seat and don't want a new one but it isn't safe to use. Now if they won't do anything, I'm out my money (thankfully a big discount) but I don't have any money to buy another seat! I really wanted to keep this tall boy RF until 4 but without a Radian, that won't happen. He's almost too tall for the MR RF.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Reported to NHTSA. I hope they finally put out a recall on these seats! Ridiculous that we have to go through such run-around for a brand new yet unsafe seat!

Jessica61624

I have a bently xtsl receipt from strollers.com that's less than a year old. Pm me if you need it!

Eta its from 6/21/2011 so its still good.

Cath3114

Just saw this. I didn't think to save the receipt because all it said was "Hardlines - $239.99 @ 70% off = xx.xx" Nothing about what it might be or anything like that. You might get somewhere with calling the store but no guarantees. My guess is they may not know what the heck they sold or didn't sell because they have so. much. crap. in that store. Do the model numbers vary by cover?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC