Odyssey vs. Sienna

darweshi

My husband and I are in the market for a used mini-van, as we are expecting our third (and last) child in a couple of months.

We have narrowed it down to either the Sienna (so far, we have only seen the 2011, so after the redesign) or the Odyssey (probably somewhere around a 2006-2010, because that is what we can afford).

We like them both...there are things about each that I like better/worse than the other, so I figure it is a wash as far as what we prefer.

So, it really comes down to what will work best for our family. I have a 5.5 year old in a Britax Frontier, a 3 year old that we just switched to FF in an Evenflo Triumph (she is 38 inches tall and about 37 pounds) and we have not gotten a new carseat for the new bub yet (our infant carseat just expired) but I am leaning towards the Chicco Keyfit 30.

We also sometimes carpool with other 5.5 year olds, so having the capability of having one or two more boosters would be helpful.

Knowing this, what would you suggest between the two vans?

Thanks!

ADS

darweshi

Plus my 2005 sienna protected all of us when we got rear ended by a semi so I have a soft spot for them...
Yikes! That is beyond scary, but definitely a huge bonus point for the Sienna!!! I was in an accident (pre-kid) on the freeway in a Honda CRV, and I walked away with a slightly sore neck and a small burn on my hand from the air bag, but that was it...so I feel that way about CRVs now too.

rara222

I have a 2011 Ody but looked at the sienna before I bought the ody just to be sure. The Honda was a little more "finished" - like the seat tracks didn't show in the Ody and they did in the Sienna. I owned a 2006 4runner so I love Toyotas too. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC