Question Need some help on 3 across 3rd row of 2007 Odyssey

kawad1

I'll be carpooling with a friend next year and will need to fit a max of 5 kids in my car. We will most likely be carpooling for many years to come so I'm looking for the best (and most economical) setup that will grow with us.

My current carseats I own: 2 britax roundabouts, 1 britax marathon, 1 britax Frontier 85, and 1 graco turbo booster

My kids: 5 1/2 year old (he is over 50lb and almost 48"), 3 1/2 year old (he is probably close to 40lb and is almost 41"), 1 1/2 year old (the munchkin of the family... Probably 24lb and not sure how tall)

My current setup: older boys in frontier and marathon in 3rd row. Baby in rear facing roundabout behind driver.

The kids I'm taking in the carpool: 6 year old (she will be 7 in September) and a just 5 year old boy. My friend (and I) prefer to keep the kids in at least high back boosters but are ok with 5pt harnesses too.

The carpool will be every week during the school year so I would prefer a "permanent" setup with 3 across the 3rd row. I want to keep the baby in the second row for easy access. And I would rather keep the plus 1 seat stowed away so the older kids can get to the third row easily. I would also like the option in the second row seat easily taken out for weekends and vacations.

Any suggestions for the third row?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Bumping for you.

I'd suggest a BubbleBum, though it's not a high-back, but you may not want to go that route if you're as set on a high-back if you seem to be.

Marvin711

Hmmm. There were not many 3 across I could fit in my 2009 Ody and I think it was the same.

Would agree with bubblebum, possibly in center rear if you would be comfortable with that for the 7 year old? You could leave your current seats where they are, then get a hbb booster to use for carpool that would be easy to remove. Or could do pretty much any seat in captains chair there!

I have a 2003 Oddessy. I haven't tried any harness combinations in the back row but I can share that I got it to work with two harmony low back boosters and one evenflow big kid. I could not get the Graco turbo booster to fit in combination with either the harmony or the evenflow. Also, I have to have it positioned so that the evenflow is on the driver side outboard, moving that seat to any other position did not work with 3 across. Learning this made me realize that just moving the seats you have to different positions within the row may make it fit differently if you can't get it to work on your first try. Good luck!

ahgirls

As pp stated you will need the Harmony to work in the 3rd row. The turbo boosters are slightly to wide. I have gotten a classic marathon in the center with 2 backless harmony booster on each side in my 06.

I know that harmony has came out with some new high back boosters. I wonder if they are the same width as the backless?

Happy seat playing. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC