Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

LATCH on Ford Fiesta

The vehicle is a 2011 Ford Fiesta. Does anyone know if the LATCH for outboard can be used in the center position? Does that make sense?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Yes, Ford allows borrowing in this vehicle, as long as the restraint allows installation withnon-standard distance for the anchors. Spacing is 15" (standard is 11").
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

4. Thank You from:

Thank you! It is for my nephew an I was a tad nervous. It I the Evenflo seat. The one that goes up to 65 pounds. Not sure if that helps.

It is a momentum 65. The one with sure lATCH.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: LATCH on Ford Fiesta

The 2011 LATCH manual indicates Evenflo does not allow borrowing to do a center LATCH installation. Evenflo allows LATCH installs only with dedicated sets of LATCH with the standard 11 inch spacing between lower anchors.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

8. Thank You from:

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: LATCH on Ford Fiesta

Evenflo rep Dave Sander said in a webinar last week that that is going to change. It's now anything over 11", and it IS retroactive. He said that will be reflected in the 2013 LATCH manual, but it is ok now.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

10. Thank You from: