Help! Need to buy HBB in Israel!

Spotlessmind1

We lost our Graco turbo booster in the Newark airport on our way to Israel. We're renting a car today (Monday) and I need a HBB for my 46 pound five year old. My main concern is reliability and ease of use. Of course, if I can use the seat when we return to the U.S. that's a plus. Any recommendations? Another possible option is using the maestro we brought for my 2 y.o. (harnessed, of course) and buying another harnessed seat. Only glitch is I haven't assessed how well the maestro will work as a booster for the five year old. I recall there's an issue with the fit. I can test it later today, though.

This is my first post but I've scoured this forum for years before buying all of my other carseats. This is the first time my question hasn't been previously answered!

I usually take my time deciding which carseat to buy but now i have to make a decision based on companies i don't know. Thanks in advance for any help!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Oops.

Most brands in the stores are ones you'll recognize. Britax may be Safe n Sound, Graco may be Akta. Whatever high back booster you see will be fine. It likely won't be legal in the US, but I don't know that I'd stress that. If you only use it for a trip, it's still money well spent.

The Maestro tends to make a good fitting booster, it's just outgrown at the same time as the harness.

Wendy

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
From what I understand, in Israel it's about half and half European and US seats. Or maybe 2/3 and 1/3, but a mix. You may even find a US Turbo. In any case, a booster certified to either spec will be safe as long as it fits the child and vehicle. :)

bbartlettnfld

If you can find a BabyShop store or a Mothercare that will be your best bet. I would get a highbacked booster as any harnessed seat is only going to harness to 40lbs. Others have said Akta- Graco, and Be Safe-Britax but also the Maxi Cosi Rodi is a good option as well.

BethAnn

Spotlessmind1

Thank you for your quick responses. They helped ease my angst! The only store I could find near me didn't have a big selection. In fact, the only brand was maxi cosi and we ended up with the rodi xp, which we both really like and fits really well (although way more than we wanted to spend for a few weeks use but what can you do?).

Again, thanks for the responses. You're awesome!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC