How about the narrowest backless booster/backless booster that puzzles well?

geberika

CPS Technician
My not-very-long-torsoed twins are at 55" and 56" and their TBs can only be used til 57". I have the old-style PWs, but I'd like a back-up for my dh's car, probably a backless since they're over 9yo. And the old-style PW expire in a little less than 18 months. And also the covers keep coming off, which drives all of us ^#$&$^%^$#%$!!! crazy.

Oh, and I drive a 2001 Windstar with two bench rows, and they're the oldest/biggest kids in the car. I have a 7yo in a Fr85 and a 4yo in a ff RN65 in the third row, currently. 18mo is between the boosters in a rf XTSL or CCO.

Literider? Amp? Other suggestions? Thanks. :)

ETA: Are most of the backless boosters really only to 57"?!?!?!

ADS

kater-tot82

I don't think the Amp is very narrow. I think the narrowest backless is the Cosco TopSide. (Only the lap belt goes under the arm rest with that one, the shoulderbelt goes over the armrest). A LiteRider may work depending on what it is next to. I think Graco Turbos aren't too wide either.

Brianna

I would be perfectly comfortable ignoring the stated height limit as long as the shoulder belt is well positioned either with or without the adjuster strap and the child has sufficient head support.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, they only put those height limits on because they "have to." There's no harm in going over as long as the belt fit is better with than without the booster and the child has appropriate head support. Heck, even weight limits on boosters aren't what the booster is actually tested to, but "what size kid they think will fit/will need it." The belt is what restrains the child.

The BubbleBum is the very narrowest booster on the market. Whether it's a great choice for a second car probably depends on how much/how long they'd be in it.

christineka

The trick to the parkway covers is to use a crochet hook to hook the cover on those little thingies where it's supposed to go, but it impossible by hand alone.

If your kids are fine in their turbos, I'd just go over the limit. If you want something else, the cruz is good for bigger kids. I don't know how well it is in a 3 across, because I've never used it in real 3 across. (I have it on a captain's chair in my van.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC