3 Carseats Across Nissan Altima Sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

3inaSedan

I have a 2005 Nissan Altima.
A 7 yr old 48 lb.
A 2 yr old 34 lb.
and a newborn to be in October.
I would like to avoid buying a SUV/Van/etc. I would like to keep my current car. But current situation would force us to take 2 cars everywhere once baby is born.
Currently for carseats we are using a Graco Backless booster for the 7 yr old. We are using the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1 for the 2 yr old. And a Graco Snugride Infant Seat.
I have ordered ONE Radian RXT to see what I have to work with.
I would love for all three to be in the Radian but I don't have $900 to spend on new car seats. How should I arrange the seats? Am am considering purchasing the Santa Fe, for the 7 yr old, not sure if necessary. LEFT TO RIGHT (Passenger to Driver) configuration.

Graco Nautilus (7 yr old)/ Diono Radian (2yr old)/Graco Infant Seat (NB)

Graco Nautilus (7 yr old)/Diono Radian (2 yr old)/ Diono Radian (NB)

Graco Backless booster/Graco Infant Seat/Diono Radian (FF) .........will this fit? (It may be difficult to get infant seat into the middle)

Diono santa Fe Booster/ Diono Radian/ Graco Infant Seat

Diono Santa Fe Booster/ Diono Radian (FF)/ Diono Radian (RF)..... (although this takes away from the convenience of an infant seat when baby is sleeping and is expensive)

I AM JUST SO CONFUSED!!! WHAT is my cheapest and Safest option?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How old is your infant seat?

I would keep the Turbo you have for the seven year old (do you have the screws in the armrests?), put the two year old rear facing in the Radian, and then try out the infant seat. The ideal would be the seven year old in the middle, since they're the least safe, unless you insist on keeping the two year old forward, in which case they're most at risk. If the seven year old goes on the side, I'd use the side with one buckle, so that way you don't have them unbuckling their siblings' seats by accident.

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC