I Got In! I Got In!

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I got into the controlled CPST course I applied for in Sept!!!! Now just to either convince dh to watch the girls for 4 days, or find a sitter or something. Problem is I don't know anyone around here! AHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm just so geeked right now, but also nervous that I won't be able to go if I end up with no one to babysit. And I have no one in real life who would understand just how pumped I am at the moment, so I had to share it here.
:D :p :love: :thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :dizzy: :cool: :happy-wavehello:

ADS

mommy2env

WOOHOOOOO! I totally understand you! I hope you can find a sitter. :thumbsup:

I am also waiting to hear from an instructor to see if I am in a controlled class. *fingers crossed*

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congrats! :D I'm doing the happy dance for you and with you, too, because I'm approved to take the same course. Yipee!! :D

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Congrats! :D I'm doing the happy dance for you and with you, too, because I'm approved to take the same course. Yipee!! :D

YEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! :thumbsup: Oh I am just having a much better day since all this has been happening this afternoon. I got the acceptance into the course, then dh said he will ask for the days off so he can take care of the girls, then my Vistaprint order came today with my CPS advocate t-shirt and business cards. WWHHHEEEEE!! I think dinner out tonight is in order.
Jean - we will have to make sure we know who each other are before the class so we can "hook up" lol. ;)
I am on cloud nine right now!! :love:

Jeanum

Staff member
LOL, I have an advocate t-shirt from Skaterbabs' Cafe Press store (there's a picture of the slogan in my profile). I could wear it to class. :love:

monzogary

Senior Community Member
LOL, I have an advocate t-shirt from Skaterbabs' Cafe Press store (there's a picture of the slogan in my profile). I could wear it to class. :love:

I could wear mine, too. Mine has a bunch of stuff on it - the front has this:
ASK ME ABOUT CAR SEATS!
Child Passenger Safety Advocate
Rear face to at least 33#, harness past 40# to at
least age 6, booster to at least 4' 9" tall​

Then the back has this:
CAR SEAT QUEEN
MORE THAN 95% OF KIDS ARE NOT SAFE IN THE CAR
ASK ME HOW TO FIND OUT IF YOURS ARE.
Buckle up - your children are watching.​

Does it matter how we dress for class? I was wondering if it would be ok to wear jeans/shorts & t-shirts, or if it would look tacky lol. :cool: What do you think?

starbuck22

Senior Community Member
Hey, are y'all talking about the course in Ypsi? I'm waiting to hear if I got in that one. No news yet. She said I was the 3rd or 4th one to ask so we'll see. Crossing fingers:)

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Hey, are y'all talking about the course in Ypsi? I'm waiting to hear if I got in that one. No news yet. She said I was the 3rd or 4th one to ask so we'll see. Crossing fingers:)

Yep, the one in Ypsi. Wouldn't it be cool to have 3 of us from here in that class?! :cool:

starbuck22

Senior Community Member
Oooooh! I sure hope I get in. That would be awsome to have some of us that are hip on this stuff there. Sounds like it's mostly hospital staff and they won't be there to supplement their obsession.:whistle:

Jeanum

Staff member
Ooh, another prospective classmate. :thumbsup: Hope you can get in, too.

I'm not really sure what to wear. It can be chilly or quite hot in September, making it harder to dress accordingly. I'm usually pretty casual (no socks unless it's freezing out, with jeans or shorts and t-shirts as wardrobe staples). Maybe other techs could give us some wardrobe guidance? Pretty please? :)

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Definitely comfortable clothes. You'll be climbing in and out of cars installing seats (at least on some days).

I probably wore shorts and a t-shirt for my class, but it was in July.
Jeans and a t-shirt likely would work, depending on temp.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I just got an email from dh that his boss ok'ed the days off!! :love:
Do we get anything ahead of time to study? I already registered and paid. OOOHH I think I'm getting excited LOL!

:2thumbsup: :cool!:

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I just got an email from dh that his boss ok'ed the days off!! :love:
Do we get anything ahead of time to study? I already registered and paid. OOOHH I think I'm getting excited LOL!

:2thumbsup: :cool!:

First CONGRATS!!!

And nope you will get all your materials on day one.

CandCfam

Very cool! and yay on your DH getting the days off.:thumbsup:

I'm still stoked about my class next month, so I know how you're feeling.:D

Jeanum

Staff member
Yayy for your DH! Mine requested the days off and got approval, too. Can't wait!! :D

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
I will see you there then. Looking forward to working with and meeting you ladies. It is nice to have people in the class I am "familiar" with. I am glad Dianne was able to get back to you. I saw her today (and Bensmom) at an event we did downtown to celebrate Safekids 10th year. You can wear anything you want. I would recommend comfortable pants or jeans. Clean out your car because we will be using it. Bring a sweater cause you never know if the room we will be in will be cold or not.
See you soon! Jen

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC