Britax B-safe Infant seat

ADS

Haley.h87

Did you get the one from NBD the other day? I was going to grab it for a friend but couldn't make up ny mind quick enough.

Cryssy Jane

My brother is using a bsafe for my new nephew Connor (almost 1 month old). Let me check and make sure I still have permission to post pictures and I can post of an itty bitty in it :)

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Great! Does anyone knwo who sturdy it is? I HATE the flimsy feelign of the Evenflo seats, but I love the GRaco and Chicco seats because they just feel like they are better quality, anyone know how these compare?

Cryssy Jane

Seemed pretty sturdy to me when I compared it in store to the Chicco keyfit.

Pix!!! So here's Connor. First picture was coming home from the hospital 7lbs even at release. You can see the harness covers are pretty huge. I was not to happy with this fit but after further investigation via Skype (they are in hawaii, I'm in wa) the harness just needed to go up to the next slot.

Second picture is with the harness move up.

Era. The chest clip seems kinda wide to me. Feasible but wide.
Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

crunchierthanthou

I liked it quite well- which is to say, better than I thought I would. The bottom slots are really low. I like the look of it. It's not as heavy as the Chaperone, but it doesn't feel flimsy. The biggest downfall is that the lock-off is a total pain the first few times (as in, breaking nails trying to open it).

Stelvis

I didn't find the lockoff to be that horrible. Tough the first time, but doable. It didn't seem flimsy to me either. I got a better fit for DD by taking the gray pad out. It didn't seem to do anything in terms of positioning for her, and with it in the lowest slots were so low the straps were sliding off her shoulders in the hospital.

Syllieann

I think it's a nice seat. It's very similar to the keyfit 30 in terms of features and capacity. It's quite sturdy and the fabric and canopy are very nice. I had a horrible time with the lock off as in breaking nails described above but britax replaced my seat after an issue with the stroller adapters and the new seat the lockoff is perfect. The 1st one I had was 7/11 dom and the new one is 3/12-not sure if they tweaked the design. The handle also has a slightly squarish shape to it that I like for carrying.

Syllieann

the chaperone seems really narrow inside..is it the same in the b-safe?

I don't think it's narrow but I kind of prefer my seats to be close fitting near the head. DD is somewhat broad-shouldered. Here she is at 15 months, 32", 25#.
ry%3D480

Notaclue

Here's a thread with a pic of my dd in her seat. She was 6lbs10zo or so when we left the hospital and 2 days old. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=220253&highlight=Britax+B-Safe

We really like the seat. I feel like at 6 weeks old dd fits MUCH better, and the harness doesn't seem so wide anymore. The seat definitely has a nice solid feel to it, and the fabric feels like high quality. The only thing is that dd gets super sweaty in it, but I think she would in pretty much any seat. Overall I am happy with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC