What's the verdict on the Guide 65?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I've heard conflicting things about it- do we like it as an inexpensive option? How does it compare to the Apt/Scenera/Titan? Is the installation pretty typical Dorel?

Also, is it the same as the Eddie Bauer XRS 65 at Target?

ADS

Dmcj13

Yes, it is the XRS and the Easy-Fit as well. It lasts longer size wise then the scenera, and has EPS foam in the head area, fairly narrow and I successfully installed it at about a 40 degree angle with no noodles, and no sweat blood or tears lol. I think 1-3 noodles might be ideal for getting nb angle, but overall it is my new favorite under $100 seat to recommend with the tribute in second. It is pretty light too! I have some pictures somewhere, let me see if I can find them.

ninejr

We have it as a secondary seat in our car. I like it, it does have a 36" rear facing height limit in Canada (not sure about the states). I don't need noodles to get it at a good angle for the 2 year old, but would to get a newborn angle. I have pictures of the 2 year old in the car and of the 4 year old and the baby trying it out in the living room if any body wants to see, I posted them on a previous thread but can post them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

canadiangie

I worked on a new Enspira today that I thought all along was a Guide 65 (no, I did not notice the belt guides until I finally noticed them and then had a wtheck moment). I'm 99.5% sure the "Enspira" of today IS a Guide 65, with a different name, and belt guides.

Anyhoo, it was dandy. Went in like butter. Cute little seat. If I needed a compact 40lb rf and wanted epp in the head area, I'd be all over it. :)

Syllieann

I didn't install, only played with ds in it at the store, but I was impressed with the fit for the price. He still had more than 1" of headrest over his head for rf at 40". The rf above the shell gives me pause even though it passes. I would prefer not to rf above the shell for a primary seat but I would happily use it before ff. The height of ff slots are quite impressive for the price as well. Should get the overwhelming majority of kids to acceptable booster age. I think it's the ideal budget seat.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
How does this seat compare as far as space saver to a radian? Forward Facing for a 2.5 year old?

It's on the narrow side, but not as narrow as a Radian. According to the measurements chart, it's 19" external width compared to 17.25" of the Radian.

Pretty well any average size 2.5 year old can and should RF in this seat though - and if they're too big to RF in this seat I would be saving my money for a Frontier for forward facing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC