how much longer ?

Spam

The favorite question... I used this briefly with Tuck and decided to pull it out of the closet since it's getting warm and Eli sweats a ton in the kf30. I plan to move him to a convertible when i figure out what i want. Plus i like the bucket for the canopy since he's extra sensitive to the sun. How likely will he fit through summer?

DSC03821.jpg
DSC03820.jpg
DSC03822.jpg
DSC03813.jpg

ADS

Boot

I'm no expert but he might have already outgrown it. It looks like he has less than 1 inch of shell above his head to me.

cookie123

I looked a lot at the pictures. The bottom one looks like maybe an inch?

He's soooo cute. He's all like 'what the heck are you doing?' Sorry I forget his name. I'm bad at that.

ETA: Ah, Elias. I was close - thinking Eli.

Spam

we call him Eli so you were right. I was thinking he had about an inch, he has just a little more room in his kf. I like the canopy better on the bt.

Brianna

The last picture makes it look outgrown already. Can you get another shot directly from the side?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I thought the last picture makes it looks like he has the most room :eek: Looks like 2 inches to me, if you can imagine the headrest is disappeared and his head is lying down in the shell.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I'd move the head rest out of the way and find a 1" thick book or other object to help you measure.

Spam

can't really move the headrest out of the way, it's attached. when i put a tape measure up from the top of his head there's 2" to the top of the shell. In the pics there are two more clicks to move the headrest up. He's six months, is that a pretty common age to outgrow the bt? Just measured the seatback at 19.5", a half inch shorter than the kf.

one more pic
DSC03808.jpg

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'd guess that he has about 1" more room at most. What is his height? If he's over 28.5" already I wouldn't push the room at all with how close he is to outgrowing it.

Spam

he's 27.25" and 20lbs. thanks, I want a foonf, but i wanted to wait until they'd been awhile and had some irl feedback.

Mags462

I don't have an answer about the seat but i just had to say that your Eli is adorable!! :love: Those little lip puckers and eyes are insanely cute... oh be still my ovaries! I do not need a 4th son!!!!! ;)

tam_shops

Hi is adorable, what a sweetie pie!

Someone suggested I take a one inch book and place it on my guy's head when I wanted to pull his bucket out for a trip...

What about getting a Scenera for now, then you can wait on the Foonf as long as you like and you'd have a spare seat for vacation, travel and play dates down the line...

tam

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
can't really move the headrest out of the way, it's attached. when i put a tape measure up from the top of his head there's 2" to the top of the shell. In the pics there are two more clicks to move the headrest up. He's six months, is that a pretty common age to outgrow the bt? Just measured the seatback at 19.5", a half inch shorter than the kf.

Yes, that seat is outgrown remarkably early, though the weight and height limits are stated as 30 pounds and 30 inches, it's just so short and narrow :/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC