Question Graco Turbo Booster 10 year expy??

Mommy2Marcus

I recently bought & moved Marcus to a high back Turbo. This morning I was moving it back to my car from my Aunt's after going out to dinner with her last night & I noticed that the bottom of the booster said "Do not use this child restraint after 10 years from the date of manufactor". So I looked all over the rest of the booster & this is the only mention of expiration.

So, when did Turbos go to 10 year expirations? Is this a new change? I am confused. LOL! anyone else aware of this?

ADS

Brianna

I assume Graco changed the Nautilus/Argos/Turbo around the same time. My Argos I believe has an 11/11 DOM and the expiration for the entire seat is 10 years.

hedgefun

I assume Graco changed the Nautilus/Argos/Turbo around the same time. My Argos I believe has an 11/11 DOM and the expiration for the entire seat is 10 years.

Do we have any indication if this is retroactive? I have a GN with a 6/11 DOM. I have to admit I'm a little jealous that your Argos is 5mos newer than my GN but can be used for several years longer! :rolleyes:

christineka

Do we have any indication if this is retroactive? I have a GN with a 6/11 DOM. I have to admit I'm a little jealous that your Argos is 5mos newer than my GN but can be used for several years longer! :rolleyes:

I've emailed and called graco. I get conflicting answers, but in the end you just go by whatever expiration date is on your seat. If it's 6, then it's 6 and if it's 10, then it's 10.

Brianna

10 years for the entire seat.

Maybe if enough people bug Graco they'll make it retroactive? Or maybe the part of the new expiration has to do with the new buckles? Hmm. They don't seem to listen to our complaints about covers or the new buckles so I wouldn't expect much.

christineka

At the recent webnar, Evenflo made some minor chages. Dave insinuated that the only reason the changes weren't retroactive was because it was too much of a pain for labeling. (Ffing minimum of 22 pounds, booster age minimum of 4 years, and booster weight max of 110 pounds.) I think sk just doesn't worry about all the rules and such, which was why they made a pretty big retroactive change.

tam_shops

Christine, must be more to SK than that, they didn't do the retroactive thing in Canada. But, if you phoned and asked them about the 48# to 65# change and/or American seats at the time, someone there did tell you they couldn't answer that, but they would tell you it was exactly the same seat...

As for retroactive on the Graco Boosters, why bother, they can sell you another one now...

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC