Question 2006 Nissan Pathfinder

katymyers

How car seat friendly is this car? I've got three in car seats at the moment (two myrides and a snugride 35). Where are latch locations and how many top tethers are there?

ADS

Marvin711

Not very, especially for 3, at least in my experience. Can't remember where the anchors/tethers are, ours was a 2008. Hated, hated, hated it! Actually traded it off in about 18 months even though we lost $$$.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The 2006 Pathfinder has 3 second row top tether anchors located at the middle of the back of the second row vehicle seats, and two outboard sets of LATCH in the second row, but there is no LATCH and no top tether anchors in the third row. Nissan doesn't allow borrowing the innermost lower LATCH anchors from each side to do a second row center rear install - any center rear installation must use the vehicle seatbelt.

canadiangie

Dh really wanted a Pathfinder, or rather he wanted me to want a Pathfinder. The reality is, it's just not a very large family friendly SUV. There are other 3-row SUVs that are much friendlier. Actually, I can't recall when Nissan added the 3rd row to the Parhfinder. Was it available in an 06, or are you hoping to do a 3 across your 2nd row? Eithe way, Pathfinder just didn't make the cut for me. And I'm really pro SUV large family. It CAN be done, easily, with the right SUV. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC