Well that seals the deal for me.

zactayaus

As much as I love the GN and it worked awesome for ds2 in the same seating position I am banishing it from my vehicle till further notice.:mad::(

2012-05-23150024.jpg

ADS

Brianna

J is about the same size as Gavin and his head slump is worse :( I guess the Argos will stick around for short trips around town, but he'll probably go in the MyRide for longer trips.

Is yours in the most reclined position?

zactayaus

J is about the same size as Gavin and his head slump is worse :( I guess the Argos will stick around for short trips around town, but he'll probably go in the MyRide for longer trips.

It is in the most reclined position I could possibly get it in.:(

Brianna

Gah :( I wish there wasn't a head slump issue! J loved his new seat and screamed when I tried to take him out of it.

What are you replacing it with?

zactayaus

We will be replacing it with our FR85 that's been in that position for weeks with zero head slump. I just thought I'd give the GN one last try.:(

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I don't think it looks bad at all, and unless the child was complaining of pain, I would have no issues using that seat. My son looks like that when he falls asleep in the nauti, and he has never once complained about it. In fact, he LOVES the seat. It's his favorite. Heads slump when a person tries to sleep when sitting upright. :shrug-shoulders: It's not a safety issue, so it doesn't concern me.

zactayaus

I know it's not a safety issue and he doesn't complain about it but I just don't like the way it looks. And since we have an FR that he doesn't get head slump in at all that's the way we're going to go for now.

emandbri

For the last 2 months I've had the nautilus and radian both installed in the van and Elizabeth always chooses the nautilus 90% of the time even though her head always slumps when she sleeps. I guess she isn't bothered by it.

Kat_Momof3

I agree with you that while he isn't complaining about it, since you have another option available that he also likes and fits in that doesn't cause that issue, I'd switch it.

Ruthie's slump was like that at it's worst and it irked me, but she never complained and it didn't cause visible neck strain like the slump she'd had in the Regent, so I was fine with it (though once at a stop light, I'd turn and fix her head and she'd usually then stay upright for some reason).

but had I been like you and had not only the means to provide one, but the seat was there ready and able to be used... I would have switched it.

agave

Nora does that in the Maestro and FF Radian. I'm happy to have her Frontier back in the car. She hasn't fallen asleep in it yet but it only happened on hills in the xB. It may not bother her but it hurts my neck looking at it.

zactayaus

Well apparently Gavin isn't feeling the GN love either. This morning when we left the house to take him to my mom's (she watches him when I work) and we were getting in the car he said "Not that seat! I want the other seat!". Then I had to wrestle him into the GN and promise him I would switch back to his other seat tomorrow as I didn't have time to do it right then. On the way home from my mom's he fell asleep as in customary and of course we got head slump again. Oh well. Back to the FR it is!

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
We don't get the head slump when our Nautilus's are in the 3rd row (different van - Sienna), but both kids got terrible head slump in the middle row. I am moving them back to the 3rd row as soon as I have time. I took a trip with just my little guys and wanted them closer to me. When I have all 4 kids, the big ones get the middle row.

I'm glad you have another option in the Frontier - we don't get head slump in that either.

kam1011

I do this, too. There's one good reason for the super, over recline of the My Ride!

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
We banished ours, too, even though I LOVE the seat (except for the slump). I just couldn't bring myself to let my kids sleep like that, I hated seeing it.

glockchick

Yep. I'm the same way. Love the seat except for the horrid head slump. My kids' head go straight forward and they wind up with chest clip imprints on their chins. :p

zactayaus

Yep. I'm the same way. Love the seat except for the horrid head slump. My kids' head go straight forward and they wind up with chest clip imprints on their chins. :p

Yup, and it makes me even more glad that I'm getting your FR:D so we'll have one in each car. By the way I checked tracking on the R120 and it arrived in Dallas around 11:45 or so today.:thumbsup: Maybe you'll get it tomorrow!:)

PikkuMyy

My son's head slumps in both the Nautilus and FR85. It didn't used to slump in the FR85 but it does these days. He's 5 and has been using the FR85 in the same vehicle, in the same seating position for the past 2 years. The straps are at the correct height and tight. He still slumps. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to bother him either way and he does usually pick up his head at some point.

glockchick

Yup, and it makes me even more glad that I'm getting your FR:D so we'll have one in each car. By the way I checked tracking on the R120 and it arrived in Dallas around 11:45 or so today.:thumbsup: Maybe you'll get it tomorrow!:)

I'm glad you're getting it too. Gavin needs the height of the FR way more than CJ. ;)

That would be awesome! We're going to my parents' this weekend and even though I know I probably can't get a good install in the suburban, I'm gonna try. It would look awesome next to Abigail's cardinal PW.

What is it they say about doing something the same way and expecting different results? :rolleyes: I wish I had an AA so I could try it rear facing. The kid probably wouldn't like it but I wanna know if it would work. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC