need suggestions!

Motherof3kids

I need help finding a cost effective solution to help a friend. We need to purchase new seats asap. I tried using my seats and hers to see if we could puzzle any together, but nothing worked. She drives a 99 corolla.

Kids Stats:
DS1 turns 3yrs old July 28th. 37 in tall 37 lbs and 14 in bum to shoulder. Currently riding in a Graco Nautilus. Graco is a bit snug.

DD1 turns 2 Nov 25th. 27 in tall 16 lbs and 11 in bum to shoulder. Currently riding in a Graco Nautilus. (MO was unaware that she could still rear face)

DS2 is 3mo old. 22 in tall 13lbs. Currently in a Chicco KeyFit 30. Mom said she is willing to switch to a convertible as she doesn't use it as a carrier anyway.

What options out there? It would be nice IF we could make one seat work, but if need be we could replace all three if seats are lower price. Would like to find alternatives besides the radian. 2 RF and 1 FF

ADS

Jessica61624

Depending on budget I'd look at the guide 65($80) or Scenera($40) to rear face the kids in. They're both narrow and you still should be able to use one nautilus. Plus if her seats have been properly taken care of she could sell in Craigslist.

momtoo3

How about an Evenflo Tribute for the middle child? Since she is tiny it would last her a long time and could then be passed to the baby. I had the Tribute Sport from Walmart for the almost 2 yr old I watch (stats are 24-25 pounds, 31-32 inches and a 11 inch torso) and he had plenty of room to grow. He would make it to at least 3 RF in it. It was an easy install, had decent padding and had EPS foam. I liked it a lot better than the Scenera because of the easy install and padding. It was awesome for 3 across. They are $35-$49 at Walmart depending on the store or online.
Then she could keep the Nautilus for the oldest and the youngest in the Keyfit until that is outgrown and pass the Tribute down and reevaluate then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC