Vent What's worse than a toddler on a lap in the front seat?

purplemama

A toddler on a preschooler's lap in the front seat :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. And going through the most dangerous intersection in my town. I tried to chase them down but they had disappeared by the time I could turn around. GAH. People are so ignorant.

ADS

carseatfreak

My sister in law just posted the same thing yesterday on Facebook (she lives in KY). She called 911...said the lady was driving like a maniac with an approximate 5 year old holding a 1-2 year old on lap in front seat. :-( So sad.... One guy responded to her post how he rides around the small town he lives in (neighboring town to mine) with his 3 year old in the front seat bc they aren't going far and he did it when he was younger. Soooooo proud of my father in law who laid into him how they didn't have all this back then and it's negligent to ignore the laws and safety of your children. Makes me happy....my sil plans on erf her youngest and bought a gn that her 4 y/o rides in (because of all the info I gave her).

cookie123

I know! I wanted to chase down someone with a little one riding in the carseat, but not buckled in the other day.

_juune

Same thing over here too often, too. Yesterday I saw a lady getting a little girl [around 10 months old] out of carseat -- the seat was a bucket and placed FF [therefore not fastened in car in any way]. I've seen people place their child in car in a seat taken of a stroller [stroller seat, not carseat] ...
Yesterday I accidentally stumbled upon [warning -- really really horrible and scary!!!] this ad video, maybe something like that could make those people think?

skylinphoto

_juune said:
Same thing over here too often, too. Yesterday I saw a lady getting a little girl [around 10 months old] out of carseat -- the seat was a bucket and placed FF [therefore not fastened in car in any way]. I've seen people place their child in car in a seat taken of a stroller [stroller seat, not carseat] ...
Yesterday I accidentally stumbled upon this ad video, maybe something like that could make those people think?

Wow! That video is shocking! Made me feel sick to my stomach. But its reality.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC