Saw my first over-one-year old RFer IRL

AuntieKatie

I was so excited!! We had a get-together at my house and a friend came with her 18 month old and he is still happily rear-facing!! I was so thrilled that I had to tell her how great it was :) she was happy for the encouragement! She talked to me about seats for quite a while.. She has a safety 1st AIO, so I warned her about it not being a great booster but we agreed that by the time little A was big enough for one, she wouldn't mind buying a stand-alone seat :)

My joy was somewhat hindered by others coming over with a 7 month old & 14 month old forward-facing, but I decided to focus on the happy LOL :)

Just had to share with people who might care.. My family and most of my friends think I'm crazy haha

ADS

PikkuMyy

That's awesome! :)

I have to say that most of the parents that have come to seat checks where I've volunteered (in the last month) have had their over-one-year olds rear-facing. Those who didn't, were very receptive to turning them back around! I also babysit a little boy who is turning 2 in early June and he's still RF. :D

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That is so exciting!!!

I also find that more over one year olds are RFing when they come into checks. :)

agave

Cool, I have 2 friends with 1 yr olds (2 in Sept and Oct) one of them will be RF until 2 the other is riding in a Nautilus.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
That's great! Of course we would all understand your excitement. :love: DH rolls his eyes whenever I start gushing about car seats, but he tolerates it. LOL

I have been finding that more people have there 1+ year olds rearfacing at checks now too. So great that the word is finally reaching people!

lovemybabybug

Awesome! I only know of 2 ERFers. One is 31 months and the other one will be 3 in July. The 3 yo might be turning soon though as she is 30lbs and riding in an old style BLVD. Her mom didn't even know there was a weight limit, so I told her to watch it. And the one kid I babysit has been ff since the very day she turned 1, but she still RFs in my car at 28 months.

kater-tot82

Haha, I know the feeling! Another little boy in my daughter's toddler daycare class is still RF and I actually talked to his mom about it one day, she plans on keeping him that way until at least 2yo. It was kind if exciting :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC