12 passenger seats

Kel

Anyone know how many inches the 3 and 4 person bench seats are in the 12 pass vans? Like the Express, E 350, Nissan, or the Sprinter?

We went and looked a few days ago, but I forgot my tape measure!

Also if you have any of these vans, are there any carseats that don't work? Anything you like about them or hate?

Thanks Kel

ADS

careynj

The express 3 wide bench is 52 inches and the Nissan is 53. Minuses of the Chevy and ford is the lack of headrests and at least in the express the forward of the bight seat belts. Really really like the Nissan. The driver side outboard seats are a bit of a pain to buckle though. Just have RF seats there :) oh. And I couldn't get the Graco nautilus to install tightly, so replaced it with a frontier 85 which installs like a dream in the first two rows. Had troubles with it in the back row. RF RA55 and MA65 both installed great with latch In the centre and great outboard with the built in lock offs.

Keeanh

The Express is hideous for seatbelt installs, except for the lap belts if there are any. I did solve the headrest problem with some Dodge Caravan headrests, LOL! If you can afford a Sprinter or a Nissan, they're obviously superior in terms of seating.

Kel

It's too bad about the Expresses seat belt installs.

Anyone know anything about the E 350? Seat belt installs any better?

I realy like the sprinter , doubt I'll get one though, lol. Anyone ever find out if the RN's install in a Sprinter or not? Ive heard yes and no.

Thanks Kel

Keeanh

Yeah, the Econoline is going to be way better for car seat installs. It has more tether anchors as well. The reason we didn't get one was because it was 2010 and the redesigned Fords were too expensive. The Express was redesigned a few years earlier, so we could afford the new version with Stabilitrak. We also liked the longer wheel base. But Ford was redesigned in, I believe, 2008, which would now be affordable as a used vehicle.

emtb79

I have an E-350 12 passenger for now. Mine is a 2002 so no LATCH great with car seat installs.

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

The only pain to install was the blasted Radians in the back. Also mine only has 4 tether spots.

Kel

Keeanh, good to know that the fords were changed in 08. I'll check that out. Maybe they'll be even cheaper with the gas prices being so high. we have 6 kids in a 03 windstar, we switched out the captain chairs to a 3 person bench. It works, but its tight. 1 more baby and DH can't go anywhere with us, lol.

Emtb79, thanks for the pics!! I get excited seeing so many carseats in one van, lol! I hardly ever use latch anyway, I always have to many seats, lol.

Thanks Kel

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC