RF leg room.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Monterey with back puzzles like they were made for each other (which they might have been lol,) I can post pics later if you'd like. I'd imagine backless to be the same.

careynj

If you get a chance that would be great. Currently we have PWSG/FR85/RA55. Would like to switch it to FR85/backless Monterey or olli/RF R100. The baby, 21 months and 25 pounds is looking a little squished, think she may be happier with more room.

love-pink

In my experience with the AA the leg room shrinks quite a bit. Kids still have the option to dangle their legs off the sides though. I think it's still more than the ma but definitely not as much as the rn without the AA.

tiggercat

I noticed a big difference in leg room going from the MA to the Radian. I don't use an angle adjuster, my RN installs naturally at around 39/40 degrees.
I had a 3 across in a Camry with an old style parkway, a RF Radian and a Clek olli. The Monterey didn't fit in either booster position at all, as a HBB or as a backless, I tried to make it work but the contours were just wrong. So I think it all depends on the vehicle seat contours.

Oh and I have both seats and a 2.5 yr old 29lb model if pictures would be helpful.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

careynj

It's a Nissan NV that the seats are going in, so no seat contours to worry about. Just a nice flat bench. There is probably room to not sure the AA, as long as the recline isn't too close to 45. I had trouble getting the RA55 to 30, it wanted to be 25. So maybe it would be fairly upright anyway.

Cath3114

I've got pics of an MA70 and a XTSL (with and without angle adjuster) in the same car for leg room if you're interested! It's a huge difference.

Cath3114

This is all in the same car - center of a 2010 Impala. She is 21 months right now and in the 90th %ile for height.

MA70 at 16 months
422542_10101046905055905_23423834_63217495_859697789_n.jpg

MA70 at 20 months (not the best angle, but her legs are against the back of the seat here)
306595_10101229872767145_23423834_64022323_572780840_n.jpg

XTSL no angle adjuster (21 months)
1bef2ddb.jpg

XTSL with angle adjuster. (21 months) She did lose some room but not much
35904_10101373281479935_23423834_64558783_182037380_n.jpg

careynj

Wow! That's a huge difference. Same Allison cover we have on the MA :) I'm hoping if the baby is happy they will RF her longer. They just reRFed her after being FF since a year. SIL ( baby's mom) said they would reasses at 2. So I want her to like rf :)

MommyShannon

We don't have a Radian, but recently moved DD2 (26 months) from a RA55 to TFP. She really seems to enjoy the extra space. She has never been FF though. I think part of the reason she doesn't mind RF, is she can see and interact (or fight with) DD and DS. FF she would just see the back of my seat.

lovemybabybug

My dd is 31 months and I have both Radian and MA 65. She bounces back and forth between them and she doesn't seem to care which seat she is in. We also have. MR and a TF and again, she doesn't complain about either one. We are mainly using the MA65 right because I am in love with it and the Radian is a pain to install in my car.

careynj

What I'm thinking, is that her MA65 will become her back up, since it is so much easier (I'm assuming) to put in to other cars.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC