Travel Question

S

sloneta

Hello-

Looking for some practical advice. DD is almost 6 and probably about 45 lbs., and I will be travelling by plane with her by myself to Florida in about a month. We have a pretty tight layover in Atlanta (just over 1 hour), and then I plan to drive from Tallahassee to Orlando with her (about 4 hours).

I have a Graco highback Turbobooster and an RSTV. Which would you take with you (and why)? Due to the short connection through ATL, I am thinking I need to carry on whatever seat I bring with me on the plane. I don't want to miss my connection waiting for my carseat. So, do I just bring the booster without a back? Or, do I bring the RSTV? Or, is there an alternative I haven't thought about?

Thanks!

ADS

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Does she sit in a booster now? Either way, I would not check a carseat or booster (even gate-check) because there's no guarantee that it will be on your plane with you. How much driving are you doing other than the 4 hour trip? My son that age uses a BubbleBum now. My only concern with a backless booster is the length of the trip and if she'll be sleeping - my 8 year old complains about not having any place to put his head on longer trips in a backless booster.

So, because of that, I'd probably go for the RSTV.

Brianna

Would you be able to fit the high back portion of the booster in your carryon? If that's an option, I would do that and having the backless portion of the booster count as your DD's carryon. She won't be able to use it in her seat, but she can stow it under the seat in front of her. If she's already packing a backpack for the flight, maybe it would fit in there?

If you can't fit the high back portion is your carryon, I would choose the RSTV.

twinmommy126

We love our RSTVs for travel. So lightweight and easy to pack. I feel bad for all the parents carrying around their car seats since I know what they are going through. So RSTV would be my vote unless there is a reason/benefit to a booster that I am not considering?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC