"Multiple" Regent puchase needed

josey

I need to buy 2 Regents (one for DH and one for Grandmother). DH wants the onxy since we have the sahara in my car and his interior is grey so he needs the onxy, and elitecarseats is backordered.

Can I get a discount on the purchase of 2 even though I don't have "multiples" to buy for? Just wondering.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You definitely can at BRU. My mom is going to buy two Regents in November or December, and another two next spring. I am definitely going to encourage her to ask for the multiples discount!

chickenman

I need to buy 2 Regents (one for DH and one for Grandmother). DH wants the onxy since we have the sahara in my car and his interior is grey so he needs the onxy, and elitecarseats is backordered.

Can I get a discount on the purchase of 2 even though I don't have "multiples" to buy for? Just wondering.

your not supposed to, its a twin discount, if you have twins to help out the families in need, and i think we can all agree if you have twins or more you need all the help you can get it, so save it for someone who needs it

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
We have two sets of kids that are a year apart. 2 older and then 2 younger. We have always been given the twin discount when we buy 2 seats at a time. TRU or Kids Stuff in Omaha, NE. We have never bought on-line. DH worked for Fedex and knows how they treat the boxes and doesn't want them shipped.

Stefanie

chickenman

We have two sets of kids that are a year apart. 2 older and then 2 younger. We have always been given the twin discount when we buy 2 seats at a time. TRU or Kids Stuff in Omaha, NE. We have never bought on-line. DH worked for Fedex and knows how they treat the boxes and doesn't want them shipped.

Stefanie

when then it depends on the cashier or the manager, when i worked there i had a couple buy two ma and a rd for there 1 son, did they get a discount nope, but the guy with triplets and the special stroller sure got a discount when he bought three evenfo titans, so thats what i mean by save it for who needs it , when comes to bru though they are so lax you probaly could get away with it and go ahead there corporote if its your favorite boutique family spot then give them a break

Morganthe

Honestly, the whole "multiples" argument being more in need than families who have young children is a stupid debate. Both types need financial breaks. Immediately or 10 or 24 months down the line -- it still hurts by making or breaking family budgets.

You still require extra gear, especially with carseats, for a 2nd or 3rd child and the 1st one's needs doesn't miraculously vanish in the meantime. It's backbreaking worry and all parents need a little financial help even if they don't have twins. If the companies do it as a favor, then let them. :twocents:

momof2kiddos

Honestly, the whole "multiples" argument being more in need than families who have young children is a stupid debate. Both types need financial breaks. Immediately or 10 or 24 months down the line -- it still hurts by making or breaking family budgets.

You still require extra gear, especially with carseats, for a 2nd or 3rd child and the 1st one's needs doesn't miraculously vanish in the meantime. It's backbreaking worry and all parents need a little financial help even if they don't have twins. If the companies do it as a favor, then let them. :twocents:

:yeahthat:

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
your not supposed to, its a twin discount, if you have twins to help out the families in need, and i think we can all agree if you have twins or more you need all the help you can get it, so save it for someone who needs it

Save it for someone that needs it? It's not like a coupon and she would be leaving a multiple family without the possiblity of a coupon. They just hit a pretty little button on their register and off comes to %age and their done.

To the OP: BRU if you ask will do a multiple of the same item discount for big ticket items without having to have twins.

Also USA Baby which has the Regents (ours has the Onyx too) will give a discount if buying multiple big ticket items.

Regarding the shipping post. Most stores do not deal with one or two items being shipped. Our stock comes on big trucks bundled on multiple pallets. They aren't shipped to us by UPS or FedEx. Since Britax takes close to two months to ship product from the date of order, purchasing large quantities is a neccesity if a store plans to have any seats in stock. This is why you may find some on-line stores are out of stock or have long delays for shipping. Though the seats are expensive for consumers, they aren't exactly cheap for the retailer to stock either. Britax now has 43 different styles of seat (including fabric choice). Just to have one of each in stock means space and funds for 43 seats (close to 10,000 with shipping from North Carolina to boot).

Sorry about the venting. :whistle:

chickenman

Regarding the shipping post. Most stores do not deal with one or two items being shipped. Our stock comes on big trucks bundled on multiple pallets. They aren't shipped to us by UPS or FedEx. Since Britax takes close to two months to ship product from the date of order, purchasing large quantities is a neccesity if a store plans to have any seats in stock. This is why you may find some on-line stores are out of stock or have long delays for shipping. Though the seats are expensive for consumers, they aren't exactly cheap for the retailer to stock either. Britax now has 43 different styles of seat (including fabric choice). Just to have one of each in stock means space and funds for 43 seats (close to 10,000 with shipping from North Carolina to boot).

Sorry about the venting. :whistle:
thank you

josey

Thank you all so much for your help. Unfortunately there is no BRU within an hour driving distance of here that has the Regent. Our store carries some of the other Britax. We have a local dealer but I bought their last Regent and they don't do a discount.

I would never want to take something from families of multiple children that need the discount.

Also..... we went to eat with my grandparents tonight and DH installed the Regent in their 2003 trailblazer and there was hardly no room on either side to sit (it is only the 5 seater) so I wondering if I should try the Recaro.

Thank you again for all your help. You are all such a source of knowledge for me. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC