Question Torn on New Seat

Snorris2

Here's the deal. My 4 1/2 year old has outgrown her Radian XTSL. Those stupid headwings! Lol!both my girls have amazingly long torsos. My 2 year old is on the second from top slot on the same seat. I have wanted her to stay harnessed for some time. Will it really be worth it to spring for a Frontier?

If not, would you suggest a pro booster or a Monterey? We have a HBTB for backup, but I would want something more supportive for a main seat. She does sit pretty well in a booster. She knows it's important to sit tall and all the way back in her seat. She only sleeps on long trips which is why I would want a more supportive seat. Just help me please! Give me some advice!!!

ADS

msg221

If you still want to keep her harnessed, which I would if she is only 4.5, then I think the Frontier is a great choice. IIRC, it has the highest top slots, so it will last her! I have one that is shared between my godson (he'll be 4 on the 28th) and my grandson (will be 4 in July) and it fits both of them great.

msg221

Amazon has them priced between $211.98 and $223.99, depending on which cover you get. They also have free returns, which is great if it doesn't work out and you need to return it. After doing a quick search on Shopzilla, I don't think you'll do much better than that.

Snorris2

Thank you! If I can get enough for my Radian, I think we'll just go with the Frontier! I hate that the girls carseats won't match now though! Lol!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
You can always get your FR in Onyx and buy a Shadow cover for your Radian and then they'll still match. :)

If it were my 4.5 year old, I think I would probably go with the Frontier. But I have the financial resources to be able to make that work. If she sits well in a booster then a good supportive high back booster is probably an acceptable choice.

I really love the Monterey IF it's compatible with your car. That's a huge if, though. I couldn't get it to work in any of my vehicles. I ended up with the Parkway SG. I like it also, and I think for such a young booster rider I'd really feel more comfortable with the SG clip.

skylinphoto

Id get a frontier to harness her for a bit longer...and because it sounds like your 2 year old will need one before going to a booster as well. Use it to harness your 4 yr old and when your 2 yr old outgrows the radian..pass thr frontier down and get the 4 yr old a booster.

cookie123

The Parkway SG didn't provide a good shoulder belt fit on my grandson. It was at the edge of his shoulder. This was when it first came out. Also, it has a 40 lb weight minimum, just so you know.

I would harness a 4.5 year old, personally. Go for the Frontier 85. It has the tallest top slots of any harnessed seat. And you'll be able to use it for your 2 year old later.

I like my seats to match, too. But for me, just color is enough, it doesn't have to be seats. My car seat shelf is full of black/gray seats!

wnkw

Justkidsstore.com has them all for 212 + free ship. I've found a 20$ off of $200 coupon occasionally ..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC