Which seat in which car?

mrosehughes

Just wondering how you all decide which seat in each car (assuming you have more than one combo that works). Do you put the favorite seat in the most frequented car? Or use seats that give you the best setup for other passengers?

We have two cars, a prius and a corolla, and two seats for DS, a radian XTSL and a ca65. Both seats work outboard passenger side in both cars, but I'd say the ca works considerably better in the prius (it's easy to get it slightly more upright, close to 30 degrees, and the front passenger seat is usable in the prius but not with the corolla -- yes I'm ok using it more upright). However, the prius is our primary car, and I like that the radian is tether-able, and overall just a bit plusher, nicer seat (IMO). Perhaps more importantly, DS asked for his flower carseat (flora XTSL) the other day while sitting in the ca, so he seems to prefer it, too. I was going to leave the radian in the corolla, until DS asked for it -- now I think I'll swap them again (and maybe try to get the ca closer to 30 degrees to see if it helps with passenger seat usability).

ADS

mominabigtruck

I use whatever fits in the vehicle I need it to. Generally, the nicer seats are in my van but most of my seats are the same quality, I don't really do the "cheap" seat thing. For instance, ds2 rides in a fr85 in my van and a regent in dh's. Both seats are nice but the regent's cover is old and it will expire next year. Dd rides in a cco with me and a blvd with dh. I did have two blvds but I wanted to be able to put the middle seat in the front position so I swapped my dad for the cco in his van since he didn't need the room. I've never been of the thought to buy a more expensive seat for the main vehicle and a super cheap seat as a secondary. If I have x amount of money to spend and need a couple seats I would rather have two similarly featured seats so I can move them around if needed.
Posted via Mobile Device

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd consider those pretty much on par when it comes to safety... let him sit mostly in the one he likes best :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC