Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Can I use a LATCH belt from a different seat?

Is this a big no-no or not?

I lost the latch belt to our old Cosco Touriva, but also have a Britax Regent and just replaced it with the new longer latch belt, so I have an extra Britax latch belt now. Cosco said that a new latch belt would be $30, which is just rediculous because I could buy a new Scenera for $10 more!

So, I'm wondering if I can use the old Regent latch belt for the Touriva. Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: Can I use a LATCH belt from a different seat?

The official answer is "no," the LATCH belts are not interchangeable.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Thanks! I kind of figured that was the answer, but just had to ask before throwing away a new Britax latch belt.

I'm wondering why you're whistling, though!

CPS Technician

Its a "No you can't", but I would make a parental decision to do it.

CPS Fanatic

Especially in the direction you're describing... using the LATCH belt from a heavier higher-weight rated seat on a lighter lower-weight rated seat

Katrin

Well, now there will be a whole lot of Regent short Latch straps around.