Question Moving. Packing carseats.

Dorothy

Moving! I have two seats for the kiddos. The other four had to go on the moving van. I personally boxed each one and handed them to the driver. I explained they were fragile and not to stack anything on on top. I also said they could not fall. If the boxes come off the truck all beat up, I'm going to be sick. How different is this than carseats boxes riding in a USPS/FedEx/UPS truck? If the boxes are in pristine condition, they'll be doing better than any of the others that have delivered carseats to me.

Sent from my phone using the app :)

ADS

aeormsby

I wouldn't worry too much unless the boxes are really beat up (dented to the seat or punctured). If they're going on the trucks with lots of other boxes there shouldn't be much that could happen to them. Did you have the original boxes? Did you pack other stuff around them in the box like extra clothing?

Dorothy

I did not have original boxes but found some movers boxes that exactly fit. There were none large enough to use any packing materials. I had planned on installing them all in vehicles for the trip, but plans changed. So, I had to make a quick decision about putting them on the big truck.

Sent from my phone using the app :)

aeormsby

I wouldn't worry. I know my sister packed her extra seats (I think she still had the original boxes) and they got put in the pods with all their other stuff in the move. They were both fine - boxes weren't damaged at all when they were unpacked.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC