Me in my local paper about car seats!

ADS

CRS

Senior Community Member
Very cool! What's going on with that tether in the photo :confused:

Can you c and p the article? :D

I can't copy and paste the text of the article but I'll see if I can take a pic.

As for the tether, this is how we do it over here:

12hb.jpg

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Very cool! :thumbsup:

Very cool! What's going on with that tether in the photo
ThreeBeans- that seat is tethered the Australian way, which makes total sense since Bonnie is in New Zealand. :)
We Americans used to be allowed to tether that way too (on Britax seats), but we are not allowed to do it anymore. :(

Tethering that way helps prevent over-rotation of the seat. There is less of a risk of rebound into the back seat since there is a foot on that seat.

CRS

Senior Community Member
ugh i just picked up a big mistake!!!

"Children should remain in a harness of some form until they are at least four" "The forces are spread more evenly across the body in an accident. But with a three-point belt there is a LOWER (argh!) risk of ejection from the seat in an accident and that can be fatal"

Oh well, hopefully people will realise it's a mistake.

ThreeBeans

Hey not bad for such a short article! Although am I reading right? I think they misquoted you as saying a 3 point was LESS likely to result in ejection than a 5 point, the goofs.

CRS

Senior Community Member
Bonnie,

Is that a Safe N Sound Platinum Retractor AHR?

It's a Safe N Sound Platinum AHR, but not the Retractor model, I despise the retractor models. They're supposed to get a nice snug fit of the harness with a push of a button (no adjuster strap out the front) but they almost always do a rubbish job! That baby cost me $540!!!!! Unlike the britax models over there, not all of the ones here come with lock offs. The platinum is the only model with a rear-facing lock off. They've stopped selling them here now because no one wanted to buy them :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC