hyundia santa fe reclining back seat with booster seat

U

Unregistered

I have a Hyundia Santa Fe which has reclining back seats. I just purchased Britax Frontier 85 boosters for my 3.5 year old twins which we are using in harness mode with the latch system. When I recline the seats it reclines the booster and they seem very secure still. Is it safe to recline them on long trips for naps?

Stephanie

ADS

tiggercat

Unregistered said:
I have a Hyundia Santa Fe which has reclining back seats. I just purchased Britax Frontier 85 boosters for my 3.5 year old twins which we are using in harness mode with the latch system. When I recline the seats it reclines the booster and they seem very secure still. Is it safe to recline them on long trips for naps?

Stephanie

What does your vehicle owner's manual say? Some vehicles have specific recline positions/restrictions while others permit a variety of options. Typically I like to see the seats in a fairly upright position unless otherwise specified by the manufacturer. Sometimes you have to use your judgement in deciding how reclined is too reclined. Pictures would help!

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I have an '05 Santa Fe and the manual says the seat must be in the upright position while used with child restraints. I also have a FR85 and it installs fine with the seat upright. The front of it overhangs slightly, but is within the required 80% on the seat. Unfortunately the one time DD fell asleep in it she did have some head slump, but it didn't bother her.

TheAJsMom

Thanks. I did discover that I did not have them installed properly (manual was missing 20 pages- Britax sending me new ones) and I did not have the positioning block flipped forward for use in harness mode. This gave it a bit of a recline which should help with head position when napping.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Having the foot in the right place will make a ton of sleep difference. I fixed my nephews seat a few weeks ago. He went from falling asleep and waking right away screaming, to sleeping well in the vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC