Allowed to sell floor models?

amy919

Are stores allowed to sell floor models? A friend of mine went to BRU tonight. She wanted to buy the Olivia MA for her 19 month old. After listening to my advice :) she remembered to look for the DOM. As it turned out, the only Olivia seat they had was the floor model. They said that it was discontinued, but that they would sell her the floor model for 20% off. She asked about the DOM and the moron manager looked at the seat and told her it expired in 2004. She told him that HAD to be wrong and he insisted. Mind you, moron manager was still prepared to sell her a seat he insisted expired in 2004:eek:. So she looked herself and the DOM was January 2004.

She called me from the store and asked what she should do. I told her no way should she buy a 2004 floor model! I told her to ask if she could buy another MA and swap the cover. Worth a shot, right? Of course, they didn't go for it. But seriously, $270 with 20% off for a seat that's already over 3 years old?!?

The worst part is that someone who doesn't know any better is probably going to buy that seat and think they're getting a good deal.

Amy

ADS

Morganthe

You could contact Britax directly and ask them about their policy on floor models. From what I understood, they were demo only and were on kind of some permanent loan from the company. (Target & Sears has their Britax stamped "Floor model only") So the BRU could be in violation of some agreement by offering theirs for sale. :thumbsdown:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Unfortunately BRU often sells their floor models. I think it is a bad idea, but the managers of the stores don't listen to me. :p

ThreeBeans

2004 floor model? Yeah, she shouldn't spend more than roughly 130 on that. Actually, she shouldn't spend any money at all on that.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

You can get the Olivia Marathon at albeebaby.com and I think I also saw it at elitecarseats.com. I always thought it was a BRU exclusive but maybe it is being discontinued and other stores are getting some in stock? I don't know.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I was considering asking Target if they would sell/donate to me :)p) the floor model of the SafeSeat (they were all sold out and I know they're getting a new pattern in). I just want it for demos and stuff, not to actually restrain a child. I didn't have the cheek though :cool:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC