hate my myride :(

mully4235

I got a graco myride 65 for my 1 1/2 year old a few months ago. I hate it! :( The straps on his shoulders are always either going off his shoulders or are way too tight on his shoulders. I can't seem to get a comfortable fit for him. Anyone else have this problem? Also, it is SO hard to buckle and I can't get my fingers in the hole to loosen the straps up without a struggle (he's still rear facing). I really wish that I had gotten a marathon for him, but now I'm stuck trying to make this one work since we can't afford to buy another one.

ADS

Keeanh

I got a graco myride 65 for my 1 1/2 year old a few months ago. I hate it! :( The straps on his shoulders are always either going off his shoulders or are way too tight on his shoulders. I can't seem to get a comfortable fit for him. Anyone else have this problem? Also, it is SO hard to buckle and I can't get my fingers in the hole to loosen the straps up without a struggle (he's still rear facing). I really wish that I had gotten a marathon for him, but now I'm stuck trying to make this one work since we can't afford to buy another one.

The buckle will loosen up.

How far are his shoulders above the slot? How far from the next ones up? If they're 1/4" or so below the next slots, just move the straps up.

You'll get used to feeling your way to the adjuster. Many adjusters get buried when the seat is RF. If you tuck the little flap of fabric that covers the adjuster up under the cover, it should stay out of the way and make it easier for you. If you move the straps up a slot, you probably won't need to adjust every time. I have a RF My Ride and never adjust.

mully4235

I'm still trying to get a picture, maybe today. I can't really climb in the back to snap one since I'm 6 moths pregnant and already huge! :)

It's a 2003 Chevy Venture. Oddly enough it only has one seat with latch which is on the driver side (I think some of the seats were exchanged before we got it since it was a work vehicle and pretty dirty).

He's still RF and right now his shoulders are just barely above the slots that are being used. RF needs the straps to come below the shoulders right??

I'll see if my husband can get a pic later today.

mominabigtruck

I'm no help, I hated the mr too and swapped it out for a blvd. I had mine for about 9 months and the buckle was horrendous the entire time I had it. I have a venture too and right now I have a rfing xtsl and cco. They are installed with a seatbelt and I have a great fit, I was using a blvd for dd but I swapped my dad for his cco so I could move the passenger seat forward so the big kids could climb in that way.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brianna

Do your seats recline, and does your manual specify how reclined they must be for installing a car seat? How reclined is the MyRide? And a silly questions as far as the strap positioning, is the chest clip at armpit level?

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
What slot are you using on the harness in the back of the seat? There are several loops where the harness yoke can be attached, that give you more length in the harness. Though there are some weird rules about which you are supposed to use, so I don't know if you already have it in the only one you are supposed to have it in (the manual is definitely clearer than I am, lol) Tightening the harness is so hard in some of those seats once a child is sitting in them, that people return these things all the time to BRU where I work out of shear frustration :eek:

kam1011

As far as the buckle is concerned, instead of putting your finger right in the middle of the red button to unbuckle, put your finger up at the top of the button and push in and down with the button at the same time. Don't move the actual crotch strap as you're pulling. Since I started doing that, I haven't had any problems. They come out on the first try every time. I hope that made sense. :rolleyes:

mully4235

Ok, don't know if any of these pics help, but here they are. when I put his arms through the straps and buckle him in, I'm always struggling to put the straps back over his shoulders. They just seem loose AND way too tight at the same time if that makes any sense at all.

Attachments

• 100_04042.JPG
    100_04042.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_04082.JPG
    100_04082.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_04102.JPG
    100_04102.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_04132.JPG
    100_04132.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 142

lourdes

I am not a tech but maybe one here can answer this question, can the straps be move up? I know that they need to be at or bellow but the next setting isn't that high

glockchick

If try moving them up and seeing what it looked like. I'd be fine if they were 1/4" above. Can you do that and take another pic?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
err... Maybe I'm just jaded because my kid is on the bigger side, but that looks to be a mighty young/small child in a backless booster next to the myride?? Can you confirm for us that he is an appropriate age(usually considered to be about age 7-10 for a backless) to be in it (or maybe he doesn't ride in it, was just sitting there for the photos??)

love-pink

I would definitely move the straps up. In the 3rd pic you can see just how close the next slot is to his shoulders.

The child in the booster looks about the size of my 6 year old who rides in a backless. If hes a good booster rider I would not have a problem with a backless but I would move the vehicle headrest up for him ;)

mominabigtruck

Yeah, the headrest needs to go up for the booster rider. He looks ok to me, the venture seatbacks aren't that low so he looks size appropriate for a backless.
Posted via Mobile Device

mully4235

err... Maybe I'm just jaded because my kid is on the bigger side, but that looks to be a mighty young/small child in a backless booster next to the myride?? Can you confirm for us that he is an appropriate age(usually considered to be about age 7-10 for a backless) to be in it (or maybe he doesn't ride in it, was just sitting there for the photos??)

He's almost 9, and is actually big for his age :) I'm not sure why he looks so small in the pic! He's always been in the 90% or higher percentile for his age. He's almost as tall as me so no worries. I agree, he does look small in that pic though. I will adjust the head rest though, I think he was just playing with it that day.

I'll try moving the straps up later and see if that helps. Been SO busy lately!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC