Has any one done early intervention in FL? Were there car seats?...

emandbri

Woman on the home childcare board is looking for advice. Her dd is 3 and starting early intervention and she is trying to figure out how to do home child care and take and pick up her daughter from school. She said she has to walk her into the classroom. I told her if she qualified for early intervention they should provide transportation and how the ones here had car seats and an aide. She said her daughter would be on a regular bus, with elementary kids, and no aide. That doesn't seem right, is that even legal?

ADS

Kobain's Mommy

Both my kids are and as of now they come to our house. When they are older and still qualify they can come here or transport to head start.

tl01

Here our friend was offered transport but it was on a bus with no aide. The bus seat wasn't appropriate but she used it. We called and that was the best they could do. Later they changed the bus to a better option but not bc of our complaints.

mominabigtruck

Here they ride the elementary bus with no seats or aide unless the ride the handicap bus. Just because they qualify for ei doesn't mean they qualify for the handicap bus either. Ds2 did qualify but they still wouldn't pick him up at the house so it wasn't worth it for me so I drove him myself. According to the Ohio board f education schools are not required to provide any sort of transportation so anything they do provide is subject to change or cancellation at anytime at their discretion.
Posted via Mobile Device

skylinphoto

My ds qualified for ei..when he passed three they used a small bus with appropriate seating. But then, I (strongly) expressed my concerns for appropriate seating right away when I found out he qualified for ei preschool. They provided transportation there and back.

This was in duval county fl btw.

ETA: my ds was in ei from a little before 2 years old until he aged out at 3..then he qualified for special preschool as a the next step after ei. transportation was only necessary for the preschool so I assumed that's what the op is talking about.

Last edited:

christineka

In my state, early intervention ends at the 3rd birthday and care is taken over by the public school system. There are buses for the preschool special needs kids. Ours have built in harnesses. With a para to each bus. Unfortunately, they don't know how to harness properly, so I drive my ds to school anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC