carseat sideways in Limo

bnsnyde

I don't where else to post this but I'm just a bit shocked. Woke up to find a carseat pic on Facebook, and it's in a limo. The child is sideways in a GN! And he's 2 so I would rear-face...but sideways face? OMG! And there is no indication anyone else is buckled. Other baby is in a proper seat though the proper direction. Parents are baby doctors.

Sideways facing?? It's killing me!
Mom already noted that the child should be in the forward seat in the limo but dad let him choose.
Anything I can think of to say just sounds like a kill joy. I'm totally awake now.

ADS

bnsnyde

I can't tell if the seat is buckled, just that the child is buckled into the seat.
Sideways facing is killing this rear-facing nut, lol.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm thrilled they have the child in a seat!! People typically ignore car seats in limo.

At 2, I'm okay with a FFing seat. I don't know- I guess I just think it could be worse.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, it should be on a ff seat. Hopefully mom told dad and it won't happen again. If the seat was otherwise properly used, at least he was restrained.

tam_shops

I remember the look the limo driver gave me when I asked about seat belts on my wedding day. I had my class 4 driver's license back then (small school bus) and I knew you didn't *need* one, so his comments fell on deaf ears. I simply asked him if the laws of physics applied in his car and if momentum still occurred. Then, we waited for him to pull out less than clean seat belts and my mom to grab a towel to cover my white dress...

So thrilled they bothered w/ a seat for the child and agree it was silly to put it side ways, but better than nothing and better than no belt at all...

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC