Car seat was in a crash...is it any good?

mamakc

But not the typical kind of crash. It fell off a shelf, landed on (& dented *cringe*) the car before tumbling the rest of the way to the floor.

Is it done for? :(

-Krista
DD~5 Monterey /youth booster
DS~3~ Maestro / radian
DN~1~ Radian xtsl

ADS

tiggercat

If it dented the car, force was applied to the seat. I wouldn't use it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd call Evenflo, but my guess is since it hit with enough force to dent the car, and then fell on the floor, that I'd be wary of using it again.

Wendy

mamakc

If it was any other seat I'd be crying over it. But it happens to be the recalled/fixed maestro that I was itching to retire. So I guess that works out. Minus the dent. Ugh.

-Krista
DS~3~ Maestro / radian
DN~1~ Radian xtsl

2BunniesMommy

I would not be comfortable using a seat that is as lightweight as it is if it mangaged to dent the car. Sounds like that is the way you are going with it also. I am hoping you call Evenflo anyway...just wondering what their stand would be on this sort of crash. Sorry about the dent to the car :(

mamakc

Yeah I was doubting at first that it made that dent, but it is a very obvious maestro "foot" shaped dent. Lol I will try to remember to call tomorrow.

It's not the prettiest car in the world to start with rust on the hood, paint chiped, big ol' dent in the door, etc, so no biggy. Lol ;)

-Krista
DS~3~ Maestro / radian
DN~1~ Radian xtsl

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It must've been a hard fall for such a light seat to dent a car. :eek: I wouldn't feel comfortable, but I'd still call.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC