omg look what they did to the scenera!!!!

ADS

Brianna

And people will actually pay more for it just because it's Eddie Bauer... That had better be a very nice cover and insert for the price to increase that much! At least they have a 40 RF limit on it.

jeminijad

OMFG $130 for a 40lb convertible?!

They couldn't at least have slapped some plaid on an Onside Air for that much dough?

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Extra padding on a Scenera would be nice but.... an extra $89 for some more padding and the Eddie Bauer name???? They must be out of their minds! You can get a myride for that or less!

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
$130 for a Scenera, you've got to be kidding me!? The added padding is nice, I wonder if there is any comfort foam? Still though how many versions of the same freaking seat do we have to see from Dorel!?

mominabigtruck

Dorel has been listening to me!! Not about the price but the actual seat.

I had several EB tourivas back in the day and they were so nice!! Suede covers with infant inserts and headrests. They even had comfort foam and this was 10 years ago. Of course, I think I paid around $85 for them from sears so maybe that is $130 with inflation.
Posted via Mobile Device

katymyers

So they added an insert and tripled the price? Sounds like good business practices to me lol. I'm interested to see how many they'll actually sell.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Do people actually think Eddie Bauer is nice?!?! I see it as an old people store and would stay away from anything branded Eddie Bauer.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

Oh, yes. People get this air about them when they brag about having Eddie Bauer seats. Dorel is really on to them and their money :rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
OP, from your title, I was hoping there was some sort of real improvement. Sigh. Same lousy knife-like sharp plastic on the bottom, that was what I was hoping had improved. Otherwise, yeah, to those of us old timers, it's a lot like the overpriced things they've always cranked out on their cheap (not unsafe, but seriously, they've really made some kind of return on that investment over the decades, doesn't cost them a dime except for the designer and the licensing for that fab EB name ;)) plastic shells to fool the people who only buy seats for the name and/or plaid.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Do people actually think Eddie Bauer is nice?!?! I see it as an old people store and would stay away from anything branded Eddie Bauer.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

I agree- who would pay that money for some ugly plaid?!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Kac said:
I agree- who would pay that money for some ugly plaid?!

LOTS of people. That's why Dorel makes so much money. Because people are dumb and LOOOVE labels. EB (to them) = pricey, and they want everyone to know how much money they have :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC