FF pushes on rear windows 98 Ram 3500

rtfallier

We have a 98 Ram 3500 that we use just to pull our camper or haul vehicles (for our business). We installed our spare seats in the truck (a boulevard and a marathon) when we had to put the kids in the truck this weekend. Our 20 month old is still rear facing and will for a long time generally. Our 4 year old is forward facing, but we had to put her in rear facing. I think she is too big for it though so we won't be doing that again - we were in a bind.

The issue we had was that if we put either of the seats forward facing, they leaned against the rear windows of the truck. I think for the amount of use the truck seats will get we are going to put both girls in forward facing if there is a forward facing seat that fits well in the truck. But if there is a convertible option that fits well both ways we would prefer that.

What is a fairly inexpensive seat that will fit in the back of the truck forward facing without hitting the rear windows?

Our kids don't usually go in the truck, but we had to use it this weekend and probably will a couple times a year. In our vehicles and grandparents vehicles we have an xtsl and a frontier for our girls. But we don't want to get expensive seats for the amount they will be used in the truck. We also don't like to uninstall our regular seats. Its a pain and then we run the risk of installing wrong. They are in right and we want to leave them alone.

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We have a '96 Dodge Ram and I find that FF the Britax seats (old generation) were completely incompatible. The new generation, however, fit fine.

That said, your 20mo old needs to stay RF'ing in the Dodge for a few more months at least. For FF, I currently have a Radian XTSL in our Dodge, but it does press on the glass. Not hard like the Britax, but it is up against it. I've had an Evenflo Tribute in there that fit great. As well as the Evenflo Maestro and SK400. We get wicked head slump in the SK400 though, so I prefer not to use it. Fortunately for us, it's an emergency pick up vehicle for the most part, so it's rarely ever used. But if your kids will be sleeping, you may want to take that into consideration. The most 'comfy' FF seat we have used has been the BV70. If I could of justified it, I would have gotten a RA55 for the truck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC