Has an FA asked to see the FAA sticker on your car seat when flying?

Has an FA asked to see the FAA sticker on your car seat when flying?

• Yes

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Never

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • We didn't use a car seat (for a child that could use one).

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
I post on a Disney board and someone asked about this because the stickers were missing on her seats. I posted that she may want to bring different seats because we've always been asked (at least once per trip over 5 different trips) to show the stickers.

There has been an OVERWHELMING response w/ parents stating that they fly all the time and have never been asked to show the FAA sticker on their children's seat(s).

So I'm asking here :D

Please post which airline as well.

Thanks!

ADS

Chameleon

Yes on the last flight I flew on, I was asked to prove that my seats were FAA approved. They were the FPSVD's. Edited to add the airline was Northwest.

jebedyah

Yes, but I don't remember the airline. Air Canada was one (although they wanted to see the "FMVSS" tags on the straps), and the other was probably American, Northwest, or United.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I've flown United many many times and Alaska several times, and have never been asked.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
Answering my own question!

Yes, USAirways and Airtran.

Will be using Southwest in December so I can check them out.

MomToEliEm

We have flown many times with our two seats (all within the US though) and only once did someone ask to see the sticker. I can't remember the airline though - one of the main ones though (American, United, or Delta).

Ali

Last summer we flew Southwest and we weren't asked on either flight. DD was 18 mos and clearly over 20 lbs. We put her seat in RF and no one questioned us at all.

natysr

Nope, Never.

I have flown American Airlines, American Eagle, Southwest, Continental, Express Jet, and United. No one has ever asked to see the sticker.

But, about 50% of the time they try to tell me to turn his seat forwardfacing. To which I refuse. And there doesn't seem to be any pattern as to which airline asks me to turn the seat. It just depends on the individual flight attendant.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Nope and I've taken the seats an 2 seperate round trip flights w/ connecting flights, so that's 8? seperate planes?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I haven't flown since before we had kids - but I'd imagine a flight attendant would notice if a seat didn't have any stickers at all... not specifically checking the stickers is one thing - but I'm sure they all glance at the seats and would notice if it didn't have stickers. :twocents:

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I voted never. We flew from CA to FL and back last summer and no one said anything about stickers(w/a MCP even). They did make sure to tell us it had to go by the window though.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Nope, not on a trip to Orlando which was the only time I've flown with the kids so far.

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
I've flown a ton with a carseat (maybe 70 flights?) and only been asked once. I think it was United, but don't remember for sure.

Actually, now that I think about it, they didn't actually ask. One flight attendant was in the process of asking and a second one said - oh, we just checked a seat like that and it was fine.

thepote

yes - US Airways. FWIW - Continental made me turn my 12 mo 19 lb RF seat around because "planes are not like cars" :confused:

waterbaby

We've flown twice with seats, both times with Delta (Snugride and Marathons). We were not asked either time to prove they were FAA approved.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I haven't read all the replies, sorry if I'm repeating something -- Southwest's policy is to find the sticker & then put a tag on the seat indicating that it may be used on the plane (but the attendant told me that too few actually do this). Also, USAirways checked for mine a couple years ago, too....

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It was so long ago, but I think I was asked on Southwest. I know I was asked on Hawaiian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC