Infant seat for Toyota Matrix

N

nbeach

Hello,

I am currently pregnant with my first baby and am trying to figure out what car seat would work best in our Toyota Matrix. We only have one car, so I want there to be enough room for either my husband or I to drive (he's 6' and I'm 5'2") without being cramped.

Thanks for your help!
Nancy

ADS

Cilia

Welcome!

I think pretty much any infant seat will fit in the Matrix. It all just depends on where you put it. I had a Graco Snugride in my Matrix. I have not spent a lot of time installing different seats in a Matrix, but I have installed a few in a Corollas, which is pretty much the same car.

I would go with a seat that fits your budget and what you think your baby will be like (tall daddy - tall baby?, or chunky baby?).

Around here the Chicco is very popular, and easy to install. But I am sure there will soon be others telling you which seat is their favorite seat.

Good luck!

jsmom

I drive a 2008 Matrix, not sure if they are all the same size. We have a Keyfit 30 for our DD and with it behind my husbands seat (5' 8'') it would not fit at the furthest recline setting on the infant seat. He could not move his seat back far enough to drive comfortably. I am 5' 2'' also and can drive comfortably with her seat behind me. We have put it in the middle before and it fit great there without interfering with either front seat. If I were you, I would go to a store like Babies R Us and try them out in your car.

momemmie

we have a 2003 matrix and we used the grace snug ride when she was an infant. it was in the center so there was enough room for the driver (husband is over 6'2") and the passenger had to be slightly forward from comfort level (i'm 5'6") because it offsets to passengers side slightly. i think you'll be fine, esp since you'll probably spend the first few months sitting in the back seat with the baby anyway :)
good luck

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC