Victory!!!

lourdes

So I was navigating on eBay and I found this horrible things that are call "security booster seat cushion" I know someone here had a thread about it, they are Chinese made and are rated from 20 to 40 pounds. Well I found a seller that it was not Chinese, he was selling this throw a Chinese company, so a send him a message saying that it was illegal to sell this in the US because they ate not NHTSA approve, the seller respond that it was ok for him to sell because the description says they ate seat cushions, not car seats, I responded that the description said booster seat rated 20-40 pounds and (sorry I had to lie) that it was illegal for a 20 pound child to be in boosters because all approve boosters are rated 30+ because the seat belt was deadly for a 20 pound child, I also said that if someone got this article from him and dies in a car accident he was going to be responsible for selling this as safe, I also recommended him to talk with a lawyer. I now probably some thing I said are maybe not true and I really didn't think he was going to do anything about it BUT guess what??? He send me an email saying that he did talk to his lawyer and the lawyer told him that I was right?!?!?! And recommended him to stop selling this products in the US, he was thanking me for my help! He can't do anything about the ones that he already sold.... He said...
He had like 25 of this thing on his eBay page and they are all gone, it said item remove by seller.
I know that I said things without the right information but it turn out great! IMO

ADS

tam_shops

These things?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONRUpvbM2yc"]And, the buckles remind me of the Bjorn Carrier crash video the carseatlady put on her site awhile ago.[/ame]

And, GOOD for you, one done dozens to go...

Next time tell them in some places the minimum booster weight is 40#, b/c here in Canada it is! LOL

tam

tam_shops

My links/comments got messed up. The first link was to something similar or the same on ebay.

And, then I had a comment about the the quality of that carrier reminding me of that Bjorn crash video. "And, the buckles remind me of the Bjorn Carrier crash video the carseatlady put on her site awhile ago", that link was from the car seat lady and apparently in New York, a lot of people do that. Not something I'd have done, but it wouldn't have occurred to me that it would do THAT! I'd be willing to bed that *thing* would do the same in a crash.

tam

Kobain's Mommy

A thread crap but I wonder how well those work on chairs? I think that would be easier to lug around than our chair booster.

mum2two

What is scary is all those ebay buyers who are so happy with their purchase, I am so tempted to send them a message letting them know they bought something that has never been crash tested and could kill their child.

tam_shops

I had an all fabric high chair that attached to a chair when my guys were young. Wasn't expensive and I always kept it in my car, know I didn't pay as much for it as this ebay one. It wasn't as nice as the actual plastic chair which we brought w/ us if we knew we were going to use/need one, but it sure did the trick a few times! Wonder if it's still in my car! LOL

**This was used to feed baby when out, not in the car, way too messy to feed baby in the car! LOL** Don't want anyone skimming this to think I did or am suggesting anyone use this in a car! LOL

tam

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Seat-Colored-Stripes/dp/B001JQLCOM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336878035&sr=8-1"]Knew I'd seen them for more like $20.[/ame]

lourdes

mum2two said:
What is scary is all those ebay buyers who are so happy with their purchase, I am so tempted to send them a message letting them know they bought something that has never been crash tested and could kill their child.

I was going to do that but I couldn't find the way! Maybe it was because it was from my phone..... Hey if you can let me know!!!

The seller that I was talking about it's new on eBay, it only had 12 reviews so I got to him "on time" but he had a review from a seller that said "my 3 y/o love it!" I wanted to send her a message but don't know how.

mom of six

Check this picture out. Apparently you are supposed to use the seat belt with this thing. Look how it routes the seat belt up across the child's abdomen.:eek:
10e1c6f1-63ee-452c-badc-68281e10d4cb.image

lourdes

mom of six said:
Check this picture out. Apparently you are supposed to use the seat belt with this thing. Look how it routes the seat belt up across the child's abdomen.:eek:

Yes, that's why I told him that it was deadly for a 20 pound child

TyAndCheyMommy

While I would NEVER use one in the car- I am actually considering trying one in a "regular chair" for my special needs daughter. It appears to have more support with the buckles than the tie on ones that someone linked too...

Though I don't know if I want to buy one because then I am supporting someone selling them for car use and I don't see that as safe.

Sadly a lot of individuals see a car seat as a way to keep a child in one place instead of a safety thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC