The new Britax G3 seats are up on their site...

ADS

lovemy2kidstw

The belly pad is different. It says it is the EZ on buckle , it keeps the buckle forward so the child doesn't sit on it when boarding. Other than that I see no difference.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
The belly pad is different. It says it is the EZ on buckle , it keeps the buckle forward so the child doesn't sit on it when boarding. Other than that I see no difference.

My bv70 keeps the buckle forward now, I don't see that as a huge difference. Disappointing!

lovemy2kidstw

yetanotherjen said:
My bv70 keeps the buckle forward now, I don't see that as a huge difference. Disappointing!

I agree.... Disappointing :(. The belly pad looks like a PITA if it is anything like the one on the nautilus. That thing will not stay on there.

I was hoping the G3 could at least have a taller shell. I mean take the classic MA shell & update it with the new features..... Perfect seat.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
What is the difference with the 2nd gen HUGS?

They just wanted to confuse everyone I guess, because they're pretty much the same.

Syllieann

I thought there were supposed to be 3 new features. :confused: How does the dummy fit into this seat if it didn't fit into the old one? Does anyone else think the shape of the wings is slightly different? It looks like they have that bend like the fr85 now where it sort of angles out a little toward the very end of the wings. The G2 were straight.

JOII

It looks like the advocate in opus gray has one black shoulder pad, and one gray one. That's new :p

jeminijad

The shell height or seat depth could be a bit different and we wouldn't be able to distinguish that.

The seat pans look slightly different to me... almost flared? Or I could just be tired.

arly1983

I thought there were supposed to be 3 new features. :confused: How does the dummy fit into this seat if it didn't fit into the old one? Does anyone else think the shape of the wings is slightly different? It looks like they have that bend like the fr85 now where it sort of angles out a little toward the very end of the wings. The G2 were straight.

Which dummy? I must have missed that info. :eek:

jjordan

The shell height or seat depth could be a bit different and we wouldn't be able to distinguish that.

The seat pans look slightly different to me... almost flared? Or I could just be tired.

Yes, some measurements could have changed. But the specs (overall dimensions, harness heights, etc) that they list on the website are the exact same....

JOII

Which dummy? I must have missed that info. :eek:

Seats are now being tested with a "new" 10yo, 78lbs dummy, and from what I read the dummy would not physically fit into the G2 seats, so I guess there was the assumption that the seats would have some big differences to accommodate the larger dummy for testing. or not :p

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The HUGS incorporate the safe cell system, the belly pad keeps the buckle forward, and the tether has a tag on it that shows parents what the rip stitch does since it's behind the shell. The HUGS are also attached to the shell so to loosen the harness, you'll have to pull on the chest clip.

Syllieann

So they are counting the tag on the tether as the 3rd change? Well, I was certainly all excited over nothing. Talk about a major letdown. I'm still trying to picture that dummy getting stuffed into that seat though...

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, I think it was the HUGS being attached to the shell. I'm going off my terrible memory, lol! So think of the tether tag as a bonus! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC